Sunday, October 17, 2010

I've Been Coffin...

...all day!  Seriously, I have a cough that isn't going away so I decided instead of moaning and groaning about that I would be inspired by the racking, painful cough and make a coffin!  So here it is!



Saw this on several blogs over the years and then found the template on Martha Stewart site and she even has a video. I decided to make mine with Stampin' Up DP and then I added DP covered card stock to the bottom of the coffin and to the lid. Next time, I'll make it out of card stock and then stamp it or cover with DP and do more embellishment. Thinking it would be a good gift for office staff at school.
I am entering in the following challenges:

Tuesday Morning Sketches - all about yummy treats and packaging!

One Stitch At A Time - anything goes, embellish it!

Case Study Challenge - use inspiration card for, well, inspiration!

Stampin' Celebration - inspiration photo, well, to be inspired!

The Shabby Tea Room - another inspiration photo

Allsorts Challenge - interesting challenge, you should try it...Play Bingo!  My row is Brads, Flower, Ribbon.

Simon Says Challenge - A no cook recipe, 3 Types of Embellishments, 2 Patterned papers (and a plain color for layering), 1 Image (My 2nd DP is on the inside).

Charisma Cardz - to use more than one fold

Creative Belli Challenge - Fall/Pumpkins and use a forgotten embellishment. The brads have been in my stash and didn't discover them till about 2 days ago when looking for a button. My first thought was, "Where did they come from?!?"

Creative Inspirations - theme of Halloween

Everybody Art Challenge - Halloween theme

Fussy and Fancy Challenge - Halloween theme

If the Shoe Fits Challenge - Pick a Holiday, Any Holiday, I picked Halloween!

One Stop Craft Challenge - Halloween Theme

Well, if my DH wants me to use this coffin when it's my time, I better not eat the candy in it! 

SAM

24 comments:

Olga said...

this are so stinking cute!!!! Like whats inside too. Man I have got to lose weight!

Melissa Craig said...

This is so cute! I love the paper that you used and it's perfect for the Nuggets. I hope the coffin... I mean coughing goes away soon! Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Debbie said...

Super cute design ... oh so spooky! Thanks for sharing with us in the Tea Room :)

Patti J said...

That, my dear friend, is too cute to spook! I don't think I've ever seen a 'pretty' coffin before! Great job, and I sure hope you feel better soon! Gee, you might need to stay home tomorrow and create something else!

Kim Mc said...

See I'm not the only one that thinks you should stay home tomorrow...but no, you say you "gotta" work! I say "phewy on that!" Absolutely adorable coffin mother dear and I know that office staff would love to get one of these! Gee, I was just thinking of wrapping some candy bars to give out, but now I see I gotta step it up! Thanks for the inspiration! Aloha, KL

ladyjanet_56 said...

sympathy to you I too have this cough for two weeks now & how fitting to your creation, thanks for joining in at OSCC. Janet

Sue Kohler said...

gorgeous Sally, pity you have such a nasty cough, but good to see you put it to good use! Thanks for joining us at CASE study this week! :)

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

I can honestly say that this is the cutest coffin I've ever seen! I love the little brads you've added too!

Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!!!

-Sarah

Josephine said...

Beautifully embellished, and a fabulous project!

Thanks for joining us at One Stitch at a Time this week.

gina g said...

Oh i love this hun it's gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at the OSCC this week. luv gina xx

Robin Parker said...

Very nicely done. My sister has created a coffin as well. Like the inside paper and the blue tulle bow.

jude said...

Absolutely gorjuss never thought making coffin shaped box,have done cards.thanks for idea.Thanks for joining us over at creative inspirations this week .Good luck judex

America said...

these are super duper adorable.

debby4000 said...

Oh this is so cute, do have you're cough gets better soon.
luv
Debby

Mummylade said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I'm glad you liked my bingo challenge, thank you so much for joining at Allsorts this week and good luck!

Paddington fan said...

What a super fun idea for Halloween! Thanks for joining us at OSAAT this week and good luck, love Jacky x
P.S Hope the cough is getting better

Cor* said...

I like your 'coffin'!! Sorry your sick though! Now that's drive if I've seen one before. a Coffin for a coughin. or vice versa. I am gonna have to try this. Thanks for your terrific Halloween creation and for inspiring us at Creative Inspirations this fortnight!!

Andrea Ewen said...

Super cute idea! I guess inspiration can be drawn from anywhere! Way to go! Wonderfully festive and spooky...

Francesca said...

What A great Halloween Creation , thanks for joining us at OSCC this week and good luck!
Hugs
Francesca

Dora said...

Wow this is fantastic, sorry about your cough, hope you will be better soon. Thank you for joining us at OSAAT this week and good luck xx

Allison said...

Very cute idea! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Stampin' Celebration!

Tineke's hobby said...

Wow this is fantastic super cute idea
Thanks for joining us at fussy and fancy this week
Tineke

Tracey said...

very cute...and mmmmm candy ;) thanks for joining us at If the Shoe fits...SCRAP IT!

Joan Ervin said...

Ooooh, I just love this adorable coffin...sooo fun for a Halloween treat box!!!! Thanks for joining us in the Belli challenge!!!