Sunday, March 20, 2011

Abstract Spring Floral

Look very closely at the purple ink blot. Tell me what you see...send that to me via the comment section and I'll forward it to my psychologist daughter and she will tell you things about your personality that even you didn't know!!! Actually I see an iris, but, I planned on making it into an iris ink blot, so I don't think it will work for me! It took me several tries to get one I liked and I told  my DD that they all looked like bugs to me. Her interpretation? "Uhmmm mom, that means something but I think my  Rorschach book is packed away somewhere."  I really think she doesn't want to know what that means about her mother! It's actually a fun way to make an image. Use glossy CS and reinkers. Go light on the reinker drops to start, you can always add more. And if you want to add a different color let it dry in between the additions. I also dropped one drop of alcohol in the middle and folded it again which gave a different effect to the center of whatever you think this is!


Oh yeah, my card...
My first inspiration for this card is the challenge by Pam at 365 Cards to use abstract art. My DD is the DT for Day 16 and she chose a  Rorschach abstract art piece.


Other challenges that have inspired me are:
Lollipop Crafts - use lace
Flourishes - butterflies - I punched the butterfly from some of the discarded ink blots
Just Add Ink - use the color combo Rich Razzelberry, Old Olive, Whisper Whits and Crumb Cake
Raise the Bar - Wishing U A Happy Spring!
Paper Play Challenge - Embossing
Wild Orchid Challenge - Die Cuts or punches, I did both
Bee Crafty - Spring time theme
By the Cute and Girly - Spring Theme
Crafty Calendar Challenge - Spring Theme
I Did It Creations - Welcome Spring
Anything Goes Challenge - use a die cut
Sketch Saturday - the following sketch


Time to call it quits for today. Thanks for stopping by and have a great week!

ps Don't forget to tell what you saw in the purple ink blot in your comment!

SAM

7 comments:

Kim Mc said...

GORGEOUS, mother dear!! Love your "iris" and the colors are perfect!! And that sentiment...so sweet! Fabulous embossing and what an adorable little butterfly (reminds me of someone's!) ;) Thanks for playing in my challenge day and I can't wait to see what you come up with next!
Aloha, KL

PS and NO I'm not interpreting anybody's take on this challenge!

michele hileman said...

I love that. Thank you for joining us at IDIC

Olga said...

This is gorgeous, good luck with all those challenges!

Jeanette said...

Awesome card. Thanks for joining us at I Did It Creations. I see a butterfly in your beautiful image.

Kathryn said...

what a fun way to create a focal point, thanks for the inspiration! Thanks for joining us at Anything Goes, K x

Silke Ledlow said...

Beautiful butterfly card...love this technique! Thank you for sharing your card at the FTTC! Hugs ~S~

Wanda Cullen said...

What a great layout and love your happy colors!