Sunday, March 13, 2011

Be My Christmas Valentine!

My cold is 'almost' gone and my eyes are almost back to normal vision! So I let my heart lead me to this cute little angel and make a two-fer to enter in some awesome challenges!


The first part of the two-fer is a Christmas door knob hanger ~

This cute angel freebie is from Faith at Designed to Delight. I participated last week with the beginning of the month freebie, Lucky Bird, so Faith e-mailed me this one for free!

Card Ideas - is an ABC Challenge, Anything But a Card, hence the door knob hanger, with addtional challenge of a Christmas/winter theme

Craft Challenge - to make a door knob hanger

And then I decided it would be cute to go one step further and turn it into a card for gift giving.

So I am entering the 2nd part of the two-fer into the following challenges ~

Craft Your Passion - is an anything goes week

Paper Cutz - is a color challenge of red, yellow and blue

Simon Says - anything goes

Wild Orchid Challenge - anything goes

365 Cards, Day 11 - Repurpose, find some paper in your stash that was intended for one holiday/season and give it a new life. I used SU! Valentine DP and the sentiment fit perfect with it!

Thanks for stopping by and Merry Christmas!    SAM

14 comments:

Maggie's Crafts said...

Great card!


Thank you for joining us at Craft Your Passion @ www.craftyourpassionchallenges.blogspot.com this week!

Maggie
x

Olga said...

well how adorable!

sharon said...

Great doorhanger, I love how you've turned it into a card with a gift too. Thanks for playing along at CRAFT challenge this week. Good luck. Sharon x

Suzanne said...

Fantastic projects. Thansk for joining us at CRAFT challenge this week
Hugs
Suzanne x
Guest DT

Kathie said...

OH what a creative project Sally. I love how you incorporated the door hanger into a gift card! I love it! Thanks for joining us at Card-Ideas & Designed2Delight.

McCrafty's Cards said...

Great door hanger, thank you for joining in with us this week at C.R.A.F.T Challenge. good luck.
Kevin xx

craftybunny said...

Such a sweet project.Just love the 'halo' of pearls around her.Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion :D
Lisa x

terrie said...

your project came out very nicely...
well done

Faith S. said...

Awesome!! I love how you turned this into a card! So cute!

Rica said...

Fabulous door hanger/card - such an adorable image and great colours and details, especially those gorgeous pearls.

So glad you could join us at the Simon Says Stamp challenge,
hugs
Heather xx

Kathy said...

This is a great project. Very clever to turn it into a card, so you've got a card and gift in one. Love it! Thanks for playing along at D2D this week.

LaVerne said...

Great ornament. I love the idea.

dstandard said...

Love your ornament with the digi! Thanks for playing at Designed 2 Delight!

Crystal Smith said...

The angle makes a great hanger for door or a tree.
Thanks for share a great idea with this image.