Sunday, May 1, 2011

sending you a subliminal message...

The challenge at 365 Cards this past Wednesday is to make a card with a subliminal message. I thought of the subliminal messages where you don't even know it's there. For instance, you could be watching your favorite movie or TV show and all of a sudden you have a craving for a glass of wine (just an example!). What could have happened is that for a split second, right in the middle of your favorite scene, a picture of a glistening bottle of wine flashed. You didn't see it, but your mind did (Twilight Zone stuff, ya know!)

In designing my card I wanted that same effect. So I copied a McDonald's logo on a piece of acetate and placed it over a hamburger. Now don't you just want to jump in the car and go get that BIG MAC? My DH loved the idea and the card, until he saw the ants. He said he didn't want to go to McDonald's for awhile. That's OK, he'll get over it and have a craving for a:

Twoallbeefpattiesspecialsaucelettucecheesepicklesonionsonasesameseedbun

By the way, after a little research, that advertising campaign took place in 1975, the year my daughter was born...(oooops) gave that away!



If you can't see the McDonald's arches, you can enlarge the pic and it'll show better.

On this again Rainy Sunday afternoon, I am entering this card in the following challenges.

365 Cards Day #58  - Subliminal Messages  (be sure to follow this link and see my DD's interpretation of this challenge)


Off the Wall Craftiness - Color challenge







Really Reasonable Ribbon - use 2 ribbons, laces, or trims
Tuesday Throwdown - add brads or eyelets
One Stop Craft Challenge - In stitches, I used faux stitching
Sugar Creek Hollow - embossing
Paper Pretties Wednesday Challenge - Paper Piercing (used for the stitching holes)
Party Time Tuesdays - Anything goes
Craft Your Passion Challenge - Show Us Your Layers
Stamps R Us - bugs and embossing (by the WAY - my image ~Cheeseburger Ants~ is from Doddle Pantry, the sponser of the challenge this week!)
Fussy and Fancy Challenge - springtime, OK, a stretch on this one, but think picnics and ants...
Paper Cutz Challenge - Anything goes
By the Cute and Girly - Anything goes
Papertake Weekly - the sketch I used
sketch #55One Stitch At A Time - Embossing
Top Tip Tuesday - Square Challenge

Well, if I hadn't ran out to get pizza for lunch yesterday, I would be running out for twoallbeefpattiesspecialsaucelettucecheesepicklesonionsonasesameseedbun.

Oh, by the way, in case you didn't know my last name is McDonald, due to marriage of course. You wouldn't believe how much teasing I take with this surname...a lot. If I hear one more time, "Is your husband's name Ronald?"

Of course it's better than my maiden name...

and most nights I do eat at McDonald's  TEE-HEE!

SAM

16 comments:

Patti J said...

You are such a hoot! Love your card (and your name!). And yes, this forever dieter, never loser person 'gets' the subliminal message! What fun you had with this one! I sort of think the ants crawling on the burger is ca-ute! (as long as it's not MY burger!). And....was that slogan really created in '75? My goodness, I am getting SO old! Great card, dear friend! Are you countin' down till summer break yet? You and I are going to find some trouble to get into! Hugs...

craftieodmae said...

Pricless!!!! Wish I could go to Macie Dee's, but way to many points!!!!

Kim Mc said...

yummy, yum, yum!!! As the new slogan goes "I'm lovin' it"!! Such a fun and cheerful card and an AWESOME take on the 365 Cards challenge (I'm not just saying that cause you're my mom!). I love the acetate with the arches and slogan. Those aunts are certainly "lovin' it" too and they don't put me off from going to get my own! Excellent coloring (using MY new copics, btw)! Thanks for playing in the 365 Cards challenge and hope you come back next week too!
Aloha, Kim Mc (KL)
365 Cards DT

PS thanks so much for letting everyone know how old I am... :(

Chris said...

I never did care much for Mickey d's burgers but I like those coffee frappy things they've got.
It's a cute card, even with the ants! That reminds of some weight lose guy, one of his techniques was to visualize the food you love with worms or gross stuff all over it. I have to remember to do that more often.
anyway, it was fun visiting you. thanks for playing with us at Paper Pretties. I hope you come back next week.

jojoscraps said...

This is great! I love the McDonalds Spin! Your colors are so bright and cheery. Thanks for sharing with us this time round at Stamps R Us Challenges. I hope you'll join us again soon.
Jo xx

Jeanne Streiff said...

Ha! This is so stinkin' cute! If ants were really that cute I might be more apt to share. Thanks for playing in the Really Reasonable Ribbon challenge!

Love crafts forever said...

Oh your card is yummy. Love it. Thanks for playing at OSAAT.
Hugs Nataliya

Céline said...

gorgeous card, love the funny image
thanks for playing with us at fussy and fancy this week
hugs
céline F&F DT

Christel said...

I love the bright and happy colours! The burger too..
Thanks for joining OSCC this week!
Christel

Cheryl Walker said...

Awww this is tooo cute, love it!!!

Thank you for joining us for Really Reasonable Ribbons Double Dutch Challenge :)
Hugs,
Cheryl

Kristie W. said...

Your card is too funny! Very creative :) Thanks for joining us at PaperCutz!

Nikki Byrne said...

Great card and fab embossing. Thanks for joining our challenge at OSAAT this week. Good luck. Nikki DT

Renee Matarese said...

Isn't this the cutest thing ever?! The little ants are adorable. Great job coloring! What a fun card. Thanks for playing along with the Sugar Creek Hollow embossing challenge. Hope to see you again soon.
~Renee
SCH DT

Crystal said...

Absolutely FANTASIC what a GREAT design and what a great job on that sketch!!!!! Thanks so much for joining us at Really Reasonable Ribbon!

Wenda said...

Great card Sam, thanks for joining us at OSAAT this week.

Hugs Wenda

Dr Sonia S V said...

This is so sweet. Lovely
Sonia
http://cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com