Tuesday, February 23, 2010
I also followed a fun challenge at Challenge Up Your Life, to follow the sketch and use 2 colors: green and yellow. I'm finding I really like the diagonal sketches. The Patty's Day DP I used was bought at a local craft store as was the green glitter paper.
Sunday, February 21, 2010
I love the new bird punch from SU! and I really want to use it and I would like them to add the flower, which is made up of 6 punch scallops. I used the Crop-a-Dile to punch a hole in the ribbon after I tied it and threaded the corduroy button brad through the scallops and ribbon to make the belly band.
I am also entering this in the following challenges - hey - if you're gonna make a card might as well have fun!
1. The Pink Elephant to use ribbon (not only decorative but mine is functional as the belly band).
2. Little Red Wagon to use ribbon also.
3. Design Dollies to honor a woman is who has touched my life, this is for my MIL. She loved birds and could identify every bird - without looking it up in the Audubon book.
4. ABC Challenge to use one paper, a 12x12 double sided counted and that's what I used.
5. Totally Gorjuss to use Flower Power! The scallop flower is really easy to make.
6. Raise the Bar to not use any stamped image just the sentiment.
7. Our Creative Corner to try a new technique, the scallop flower, the brad and ribbon all attached together.
8. Paper Sundaes 6th Challenge to distress, I distressed the curry CS but it dosen't show well in the pic, I also use DP that had a distress look.
9. The Corrosive Challenge to use wings.
10. Pile It On to use a get well theme.
11. Paper Cutz to use a get well theme.
12. Crafty Angels to use fantastic flowers.
13. Incy Winsy Designs to use punches, I used 3, the bird punch, scallop punch and ticket corner.
14. Your Next Stamp to use spring colors.
15. Little Paper Shop to use distressing
16. Creative Card Crew to use a get well theme.
17. Stampavie to use a get well theme.
18. Stamp TV is color challenge, purple and yellow.
Have a great Sunday, get some rest and be ready for work tomorrow - uhmm, I'm talking to myself here!
Saturday, February 20, 2010
This would be the front...
1. There's Magic In the Air
2. Charisma Cardz Sketch
3. Pile It On to use flowers
4. Handful of Stamps to use wishes in the sentiment, mine is on the inside
5. A Spoonful of Sugar to use the theme, Spring is in the Air (oh, I wish!)
6. Cupcake Craft Challenges to keep it simple
7. Die Cuts R Us to not use designer paper
8. Other Lovelies to make a RAK card and pass it on
9. Pals Paper Arts to KISS - keep it simple, Sweetie!
10. Stamp Somthing to give your project a Touch of Spring (again, please hurry Spring!)
Boy, oh boy, I must be slowing down - only 10 challenges this week!
Better get to bed and sleep on it...Night all...
Wednesday, February 10, 2010
I have two cards posted today so be sure to scroll down to see the different challenges I am entering them in! Thanks!
The first card is for Magical Monday - Flight of the Fuschia. The challenge was set by my good friend Patti J. In case you don't know, we both live just outside the city limits of Farmington, except she lives on the south side and I live on the north side. Patti asked us to use the free digi from Nina May, Flight of the Fuschia (hurry if you want this freebie, it will be gone by Monday!).
She also wanted our cards to include "Thinking of You, Get Well, Sympathy, Encouragement, etc. I also offer a little twist - if you have them, include flourishes and/or pearls on your card!"
I am also entering this at Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge Challenge # 69 to use a monochromatic color scheme.
This is the front of my card:
And this is the inside of my card...(thanks KL for noticing I finished the inside but remember you don't see this!)
The next card is for several challenges. It is an easel card and the first tissue flower I have ever made! I 'dyed' the white Christmas glitter tissue paper with SU! Regal Rose, let it dry, and then fan folded it to make 8 layers. Using my handy dandy cuttlebug, I used the blossom die cut in 3 sizes, stacked flower layers, poked a hole in the middle and put in the brad. Be sure to wrinkle and crinkle the tissue paper to get it to fluff up. Directions can be found here.
The challenges I am entering this in are:
1. Everybody-Art-Challenge: valentine
2. My Time to Craft Challenge: Hearts and Kisses
3. Die Cuts R Us - Love
4. Die Cut Dreams - Have a Heart
5. Ooh-La-La Creations - Love
6. The Pink Elephant - Mushy Gushy Valentine
7. Tuesday Taggers - Love is all around
8. Colour Q - Regal Rose, Blush Blossom, Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip
9. Moxie Fab World, Tuesday Trigger - You’ve been pinked
10. Charisma Cardz - I Love You
11. Raise the Bar - Heart to Heart
12. ABC Challenge - N is for New (new technique, tissue flower)
13. Pixie Dust Studio Pixie Challenge - Decorative Border
14. Other Lovelies - Thoughtful Thursday, Sweet
15. Mojo Monday - sketch
16. Stamp with Fun - heart
17. Stampin' for the Weekend - Valentine Theme
18. C.R. A. F. T. Challenge - Love/Valentine
19. Simon Says - all you need is Love
20. Pixie Cottage - Love Theme
21. Flutter by Wednesday - Wings of Love!
22. A Spoonful of Sugar - Recipe: 1 Pattern Paper, 1 Button, 1 Ribbon, 1 Embossed
That's all for now, off to the kitchen to get some 'real' work done. LOL
Sunday, February 7, 2010
edit: I'm back, Scroll down for the challenges I entered this tag in.
1. TMITA - valentine tag with stitching and Nina's digi, "I heart you"
2. By the Cute and Girly - Love
3. Crazy 4 Challenges - Valentine theme
4. Creative Belli Blog - Ribbons
5. Creative Card Crew - Valentine theme
6. Cupcake Craft Challenge - 4 legged and furry
7. Delightful Sketches and Challenges - Love theme
8. Handful of Stamps - You Animal!
9. Humble Pie Stamps - Love theme
10. La-La-Land Crafts - Hearts
11. Penney's Paper-Crafty Challenge - Valentine/Love
12. Pile It On - To the One You Love
13. Stacey's Stamping Stage - Color Challenge: Kraft, Red, Very Vanilla
14. Stamp Something - Love theme
15. Stampin' for the Week-end - Love Is In the Air
16. Divine Diva Stamper - Inspiration Challenge
Well, time to say good-night. Looks like the snow is on delay and won't hit until tomorrow evening. So off to beddy bye so I can get up early! Have a great week. Maybe I'll be here Tuesday with a snow day or maybe I won't!
Monday, February 1, 2010
So off and on during another snow day from school, I made the following card...
This would be the front...
And this would be the inside (actually, it's the front, I smeared some of the embossed snowflakes so I cut it down and used it on the inside, so fun to recycle my mistakes!)
Hope you enjoy my little winter card, she sure looks like she is having fun! Oh Yeah, if you look closely at the end of her tongue it is suppose to be a snowflake melting on it! Thanks for looking, enjoy the rest of your evening!