Thursday, December 31, 2009

I've Seen the First Snow!

What a week! Left Hawaii (Kim's) Monday afternoon with low 80 temps. Got home on Tuesday with high 20 temps. And I woke up Wednesday morning with the prettiest snow coming down! Hmm-from sand to snow! We had a great time at Kim's, got a lot done in her backyard and even made it to a few stores! It amazes me that I can find so many paper craft items there that I can't find here. It's just such a darn long ride to get there!

Well, looking at There's Magic In the Air challenge for this week it seemed to fit in perfect with our first snow. Nina's challenge was to pick one of her free digies or to look at her on-line store. I picked out the digi "First Snow", purchased it and Viola, it was there to use immediately! I also found a free sketch there and used it to design the following card...



The challenge also asked to make it sparkle. I used glitter card stock for the frame (built it up with CS layers) and then used pop-up dots to attach it. I also used Dazzling Diamonds on the snowflake, mittens, and snow at the bottom.

I am also entering this in

Pile It On Challenge # 29 to use anything digital

Lexi's Creations to use pastel colors

Practical Scrappers to use a winter theme



This is my last card - for 2009! So here's wishing you a safe, healthy and Happy New Year!

SAM

18 comments:

Kim Mc said...

OH so pretty!!! You have had quite a week weather wise but I'm glad that we didn't have much rain while you were here in Hawaii! ;) I LOVE this digi and so glad that you picked and used it! Maybe I'll use it and make the snowflake a coconut and the snowman and "sand"man! hehe :) Well, the fireworks are amping up here (it's 6:45 and they're not supposed to start until 9pm!) :( Oh well, the pup and I will be watching tv in the ac'd comfort of my bedroom (of course I'll be piled under blankets but that's the price we pay to live hawaii)

Thanks for playing with us at TMITA and hope to see you every week next year! Aloha, Kim

craftieodmae said...

I love it!! Any time you can use an embossing folder just makes the card. this is truly a work of art!

magicwanda said...

Oh This is so pretty
I love the bling...great card
Thanks for joining us at Practical Scrappers

Sherri said...

Oh, I love all the texture and embossing on this card...it's great!

Heidi M said...

Hi Sam! Great card! Love the embossed paper and snowman stamp!

The Other Patti Sue said...

So very cute! I love the embossing and your sparkling frame!Thanks so much for playing along with us at TMITA! As your daughter said we hope to see you every week of the new year!
Hugs xxx
Patti

Marsha said...

Love this card - two different embossings and sparkly frame. It is so cute.

Danielle said...

Great card Sam! I love this image too and you've done a super job with it - all the sparkle and embossing is gorgeous! Thanks for joining in with us at TMITA this week and best wishes for the New Year!
Hugs, Danielle

Random Acts of Krafting said...

Very pretty, I love the glitter.
Hugs
Tanya

Patti J said...

I'm so glad you are back amongst the blogging!!! Missed you while you were gone. Hope you've gotten some rest - you looked pretty tired the day you got back! Love your card, dear friend - it makes me smile!!! Great job!

Erin Morehouse said...

Great card! great amounts of white, blue and just enough sparkle to make it perfectly winter-y!

Nilla said...

Fabulous card, love the different details! Perfect! I hope you will have a fantastic 2010 and thanks for joining us at TMITA! Hugs Nilla

lalkygirl said...

fabulous card ,lovely detail.we have had snow here too in wales for the first time in 10yrs,thanks for joining in at lexis creations and good luck in the challenges
lalkygirl

Lexi said...

gorgeous card..so sparkly and pretty :D Thanks for playing along at Lexi's Creations

Hugs Lexi xxx

Nina said...

Sally!! Just Beautiful!! I SO love what you did with this image and this sketch! First I love how you framed out the snowman with the sparkly frame. You kept this so clean with space and I love just the white and the blue. I like how you used the two embossing folders and your ribbon with the soft blue lines running through it is just perfect for those lines. Nicely set-oof with the sentiment trimmed out with the blue. JUST BEAUITIFUL!Thanks for playing along with our challenge this week over at TMITA/PCC!
Nina
TMITA Blog
Paper Cupcakes-Stamps

Saskia said...

Lovely to see your work at lexi's creations! Thanks for joining us!

Sweet greetings, Saskia :)

Georgie said...

I really like the lovely clean look of your card
Thanks for joining in at Lexis Creations
Happy New Year
Georgie

Anonymous said...

:)