Friday, January 8, 2010

Pretty Painted Pony...

This is posted earlier than my usual Saturday or Sunday - helps with 2 inclement weather days at school!

This card is based on the digi challenge at
There's Magic In the Air with Nina May. When I first looked at the image I saw a welcome baby card. With the color scheme added to the challenge it seems more appropriate for a baby boy. I am entering this in a few more challenges that are listed below the pictures.

Oh by the way, I accepted the challenge by the DT member Kim (who just happens to be my daughter) who keeps asking, "Is your card done yet? Is your card done yet [over and over!], did you finish the inside?" She is definitely my motivator and inspiration! Love ya Kim!

The front...

And the inside...

As you can tell, I do everything Kim tells me to do, yeah right, like she does everything I tell her to do! LOL

Other challenges met:

1. 365 Cards - to use metal (by the way, love the new blog style!)

2. The Corrosive Challenge - to use 2 favorite embellishments (brad and punches [feet on inside]

3. Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge - to honor new life, I chose a baby theme

4. Cute Card Thursday Challenge - again a baby theme and new stash of metal brads

5. The Fresh Batch Challenge - the sketch I followed

6. Our Creative Corner Challenge - sketch

6. Stampin' for the Weekend - new beginning, again baby theme

7. Cupcake Craft Challenge - a baby card

8. By the Cute and Girly - something new, I chose new baby theme

9. Fussy and Fancy Friday Challenge - Something new, ditto

10. Creative Card Crew Challenge - distressing, I sponged edges of mats

11. ABC Challenge - to use layers, I did, inside and out!

12. Crazy 4 Challenges - to use dots, OK I didn't use a lots of dots

13. Papertake Weekly Challenge - New Beginnings

and of course

14. There's Magic In the Air - painted pony digi and color challenge

That's it for today, hope you like my card and didn't notice that I almost cut his ears off - that comes from being cheap and trying to save my paper, I printed it too close to the top of the CS. I think I need to sacrifice CS for design.

Have a great day and keep warm!

SAM

24 comments:

Kim Mc said...

Wow you make me sound like a slave driver! Okay, maybe a bit but it's just because I want to see your FANTASTIC creation!! MORE, MORE PLEASE!! (I mean you got two snow days...make'em fun since it's too cold to go outside!) BTW, I really do love your creation. Your coloring is awesome and the finished inside is perfect. And wow, what a lot of challenges you were able to combine too! Great job and hope to see more (wink,wink)!

Thanks for playing with us at TMITA this week and see you next week too!!!

Aloha, Kim

Beryl said...

Very funky card. Love the image and the embossing. Thank you for joining us at By the Cute and Girly.
Beryl xx

craftieodmae said...

Oh I love this, that sentiment is awesome! Love your embossing too. Great coloring on Painted Pony. Thanks for joining us at TMITA this week. Hugs, Olga

Juls said...

gorgeous! such a beautiful sentiment and I love all the embossed detail! Thanks for joining us at BTC&G

The Other Patti Sue said...

OMGosh so many challenges! Awesome job! Thanks so much for playing along with us at TMITA!

Anonymous said...

Hi ya!! love your card! So bright and ziggy!
lots of work! inside and out!

Thanks for joining the ABC challenge Samantha :0)

Please concider turning word verification off! Thanks :0)

Rose said...

well Sam i am sure glad you listened to your daughter lol this is too cute :) thanks for joining us on occ this week

Stampin Mindy said...

Way to go fitting all those challenges! Great card, love the colors.

Thanks for joining us at Fussy and Fancy!

Juanita said...

Great card, those colors are awesome together :).

Fussy and Fancy Girl Juanita

Mummylade said...

Really cute card. Thank you for joining the STFW challenge this week.

Candace said...

This is so cute! Awesome job on making this work for so many challenges! Thanks for playing with us at Stampin' Sisters in Christ this week! :)

Liza said...

Such a cute baby card. Thanks for joining us at CCC.

Liza x

Patti J said...

Hey you - what happened to that pony's ears? Lol...just kidding!!! What a great card! It really makes me think 'baby' too! And look at you go, keeping up with Kimmie by doing the INSIDE as well! So glad she's working you so hard! FOURTEEN challenges? Holy smokes! You need more snow days! NO - YOU NEED TO RETIRE and be home all day, every day! Love it, Sally - great job! Thanks for joining us at TMITA/PCC this week! Good luck on the challenge, and hope to see you again next week!

Nancy said...

Pretty card, Sam:O) Love the cute image, beautiful papers and design. Love the small footprints inside your card.
Thank you for joining us at Stampin' for the Weekend, good luck!
Nancy;O)

Nilla said...

Wow, so many challenges, well done! I love the card it's so warm and happy! Thanks for joining us at TMITA this week! Hugs Nilla

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

your card has such design appeal, love the colours and unusual image. Thanks for sharing with by the cute and girly. janex

Donna said...

Beautiful baby card for our challenge at Cupcake this week, thanks for playing along with us :) Donna x

pinky said...

Very unusual colours for the traditional baby card, just love it and your cute little image. Thanks for playing at BTC&G this month.
Pinky

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card :-) I love this image and the colours you used are fab :-)

Thanks for joining the ABC Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x

Nina said...

wowzer, I would have never have guess you could do 14 challenges at one time and combine them!! GOOD for you!! Your card is so striking and so rich in color. Love what you did to you embossing swirls, so lovely! Love everything about your card!! Thanks for playing along with our challenge this week over at TMITA/PCC! Hope to see you next week!
Nina
TMITA Blog
(free digital images)
Paper Cupcakes-Stamps

Kristine said...

Absotuley adorable! And love how you did the inside as well!! :) Thanks so much for playing along at Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenges *Ü*

Selma said...

I love your color combination. Your card is beautiful. Thanks for joining us in the TMITA/PCC challenge this week.

HappyCrafter said...

What a nice warm baby card! The baby feet on the inside are adorable and the colours very cozy.

Krista said...

Love the colors! Thanks for sharing your beautiful card with us at Fussy and Fancy!