Saturday, February 12, 2011

'OWL' BE LATE FOR YOUR BIRTHDAY!

How's that for a title? My dear daughter Kimmy's birthday was this past Thursday, Feb. 10. I didn't get a card made until today, 2 days too late...but it'll have a gift in it and she can go shopping with it...so I hope I'm not too bad of a mommy. Happy Birthday Kimmy! If it makes you feel better, I thought about those labor pains all day! Here's her card, now I just have to get it in the mail!








A close up of the dimensional part of it. Love this style, called a bendy fold card and I found the toot at Lady and the Stamp and it's free! Gotta love free! She also has a toot for a 'box' card that is really neat. Both can be found at the top right column.


Now it wouldn't be a good card for Kim if I didn't enter it in some challenges, so here are some inspiring inspirations....

By the Cute and Girly - Red + any other color on your project
Craft Your Passion - anything goes
Crazy 4 Challenges - hearts
Critter Challenge - a critter/animal image
Cute Card Thursday - hearts and flowers
Fab 'n Funky - tempting texture, the bling, the ribbon the embossed (crochet) vest and flowers
For Fun Challenge - include hearts
Inspirational Card Sketches - OK, going out on a limb here, but my card folds look like the stacked layers to me!
Oldie by Goodie - add a heart, my oldie is the DP from SU!, actually the backside of last year's Halloween paper
Paper Play Challenge - hearts and flowers but not valentine, it's a B-Day card!
Paper Take Weekly - hearts
Day 347 at 365 Cards - to think in thirds
Catch the Bug Challenge - to use a differrent kind of fold for a card
Well, I guess I'll go with "It's better late than never!" Sorry KL, I'll come visit and do your laundry and housecleaning to make up for it! 
                                                                               Just in case you don't know, she lives in Hawaii!

Here's to many more birthdays for Kim and I won't tell how old she is!

SAM

24 comments:

Emma Fewkes said...

Wow, it may be 2 days late, but WELL worth the wait!!!! She's going to love this. Thanks for mentioning the tutorials on my blog. Love your bendy fold. AWESOME job :)

Patti J said...

Wowzers - this is an awesome card! I didn't know that it was Kimmie's birthday! John had his 'milestone' day in October. Gosh, girl, are you and I old enough to have kids this age? lol...Love your card!

Crystal said...

This is so cool! I love the paper, crocheted flowers & the super cute owl! Thanks for joining us at the Critter Sketch Challenge :)

Kim Mc said...

aaaaaaawwwwwwww! I LOVE IT!!! I'm glad you decided to share it and it was totally worth the wait (I think my b-day cards to you for the last couple of ywars have been late too...oh the poor cardmakers' families!)! I adore the color scheme and the DSP are very Mary E-looking, a fav of mine too! Thanks so much for taking the time to create something so beautiful for me and I can't wait to see what you come up with next!

Aloha, KL

PS thanks for not sharing my age! :)

Tamara Morton said...

Hi Sam, love your style of card, its so different I might have to give it a go. I adore your little owl so cute. Thank you for joining us at Craft your Passion.
Hugs
Tamara GDT

Kim Duran said...

Having folds in your card is a great take of this week's sketch! Love the bright and fun patterned papers too. I'm so glad you've joined us this week at ICS!

Jodie Mackrell said...

cool card! thanks for joining this weeks Bugaboo challenge at catch the bug!

Nicola said...

Love the folds in your card and it is fine I used folds on mine too. Great card and cute owl... Many thanks for joining us this week at ICS. Nicola xx

Emma H said...

Very fun card, I'm sure your daughter will love it! Thanks for playing along with Fab N Funky

Jenny said...

What a very creative fold! The color combos on this are great! Thanks for playing in the Bugaboo Challenge with us this week!

Anonymous said...

what a neat card! I love that owl and the crocheted flowers. Thanks for joining the Critter sketch challenge this week.

Stacy said...

oh my - that card is really special! your daughter is just so lucky to have a mom like you! Love the layers, simply amazing~

Thanks for joining us at ICS this week!
:) Stacy

Lisa said...

Wow Sam, this is so pretty! Love the dimension. Thanks for sharing with us at Papertake Weekly :)

Unknown said...

A beautiful card! Thanks for joining in at Paper Play this week. Hope to see you again soon.
Alicia xx

Meera said...

This is great Sam. Thanks for playing along at For Fun x

Meera

Mandy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mandy said...

Sam this is absolutely gorgeous, sooooo cute.
Thanks for joining us at Paper Play for our "hearts & flowers but not Valentine" challenge
hugs Mandy xx

sgc said...

Very clever fold! Love your color combo. Thanks for playing in the Bugaboo Challenge

Hannah said...

This is beautiful!

Pam said...

Such a clever design!

Francesca said...

A lovely card

Thanks for joining us at oldie but a goodie and good luck!

Hugs
Francesca

Kate said...

Great card style and love what you've done with it. Thanks for joining in at By The Cute And Girly, hope to see you again for the next challenge.

** Kate **

Debs said...

Gorgeous card - ove the shape.
Thanks for playing along with us at An Oldie but a Goodie this time and good luck.
Debs xx

nnalorac said...

Cute shaped card, love the owl.Thanks for joining us over on the BTC&G. Carolxx