Saturday, January 22, 2011

Alpine Bliss Coffee Recipe!

This card is inspired by one of Pam's challenges at 365 Cards this week to design a card based on the Word of the Day. My DD Kim is the DT for Wednesday Day 325 and the word is Bliss, ya know, that moment of pure happiness! Well, I'm not sure if this card is for Pam or me, but my happiness begins in the morning with a nice hot cup of java. This card is built around the front label of Kona coffee we brought home from Hawaii (aka Kim's home in Paradise). Usually we buy coffee that is 10% Kona, but my wonderful hubby said, "Hey, let's get the real stuff, Dang the expense!"  And  now, sadly, it is gone, the last of it slowly enjoyed this morning while we sat here and anticipated the next snow storm to hit the Midwest...




Besides 365 Cards, Wednesday, Day 325, this card has been inspired by the Challenge at Our Creative Corner's 3 Musketeer color challenge to pick 3 colors next to each other on the color wheel. I picked the 2 purples and blue
The card base is purple, I promise, just looks reddish in the pic.
Normally, I avoid the blue/purple combination entirely, but,
the coffee bag label drove me to it for this card and I like it!

Gingersnap Creations  challenge is to think about hot drinks and
Stampin' for the Weekend wanted us to warm up with colors or images.

The other challenge is the sketch at Inspirational Card Sketches.
I flipped the 2 sides and used the sentiment in the bottom square.




Oh yeah, the inside. I haven't tried that recipe so try it at your own risk! I just 'searched' for a Bliss Coffee recipe and that is what I found.  Does sound good though - if you try it please let me know how you like it. LOL!

Well that is my card for Bliss, just don't drink it after dinner, you'll be up all night!
 Can't wait till tomorrow morning for that first cup of Java!

SAM

6 comments:

Kim Mc said...

awwww...so "bliss"ful! sounds like you need to make another trip to Hawaii to restock on this coffee!! ;) But I guess this memories captured in this card will suffice for now! Thanks for playing with the 365 Cards challenge this week!
Aloha, Kim Mc (KL)
365 Cards DT

Nicola said...

Great card and memories. Many thanks for sharing this with us at ICS this week. Nicola xx

Delta Yankee said...

Pretty creative. It's nice to see that our Kona coffee bags can be recycled like that.

Dawn♥ said...

Love it! Thanks for playing along at ICS.

Sharon Wheet said...

Love the colors you chose! And the memories that go along with the coffee label, must be heart warming. I love how you incorperated the coffee bag label into your card. Beautiful card!

penny4thoughts said...

Great card! I like the story behind it, too - you were definitely inspired by hot beverages for this one!! Thanks for playing along with us at Gingersnap Creations :-)