Thursday, July 14, 2011

Strawberry Fringed!

I have posted 2 cards today. The Strawberry card is first and the pink fringed card is second.

This card represents how I know that summer is here and it is time for school to be out!
Strawberries! I love Strawberries!
My birthday is in June and every year I asked for strawberries and angel food cake.
My mom actually made the angel food cake from scratch. Yummm!
This year our garden produced a 'lot' of strawberries.
I could have ate more. Did I say I love strawberries?

My inspirational challenges for this card are...
Do It with Digis - use spots or stripes or both
City Crafter Blogspot - See the Sun or the word Sun -
The yellow left side represents the sun
Crazy 4 Challenges - summer theme
Crazy Challenge - summer theme
Hand Stamped Sentiments - Good Day Sunshine
Just Us Girls Challenge - Ho-made Buttons
One Stitch At A Time - anything goes
Paper Issues - Live is Sweet
Paper Take Weekly - Hot Hot Hot - hot colors, I used red and yellow
Party Time Tuesdays - Blue skies and sunny days, I sponged the sky/clouds and
the yellow half circle represents the sun. 
I love how it looks like the strawberries are floating in the sky, after all,
they are my heaven!
Pile It On - favorite technique - I love sponging sky scenes
Polly Craft Challenge - the great outdoors (my strawberry bed!)
Totally Gorjuss - Summertime
Totally Scrumptious - sketch time
Truly scrumptious sketch

Tuesday Throwdown - Fun in the Sun
Moving Along with the Times - favorites things: strawberries!!!
Designed 2 Delight - free image for playing along in the progressive challenge

My second card is a birthday card and is not at all what I imagined. I needed fringe for Pam's challenge at 365 cards. Didn't have any, so I decided to make my own my using a hole punch and weaving the ribbon like the fringe on a rug ( I did a lot of this many years ago on many of the afghans I crocheted)  I finally thought about a Martha Stewart border punch, much easier!
BTW - the color in real life is pink, not so red like the picture.


Inspirational challenges:
A Spoonful of Sugar - Color challenge, pink (it really is!)
Stamp, Scrap and Doodle Saturday - color challenge, cream, brown + one other color
Sugar Creek Hallow - Paper Piercing
Freshly Brewed Designs - July-long Challenge: 2 pattern papers, 2 shapes, 2 embellishments
Cute Card Thursday - Going round in circles

365 Cards, Day 135 Collage Card - chipboard, patterned paper, and fringe

Thanks for stopping by!
SAM







24 comments:

Unknown said...

This is such a cute card.. It took me a minute to figure out were your sun was.. Very clever.. Thanks so much for playing along with us at CCCB!

Michelle said...

Great card!! Love your coloring of the image - very nice! Thanks for joining us this week @ Designed 2 Delight!!

Kimmie said...

Mmmm.... those strawberries look so juicy! :o)

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Oh those strawberries look as good as some we picked at the weekend!

Thank you for sharing with us at Craft Your Passion & MAWTT this week, good luck!
Hugs Shell xx

Marianne Reijgersberg said...

Oh what a beautiful card this is. These strawberry's are so pretty colored. Just for real.
Thank you so much for joining us at Stamptacular Sunday Challenge this week.
Hugs Marianne

craftieodmae said...

love em both, fantastic sketches too, I totally love the first, those berries look real enough to eat!

sparklingblackrose said...

Aww I love both your cards but especially the strawberries one :-) Thank you so much for joining us at One Stitch at a Time this week, hope to see you again soon :-) Elaine DT -xxx- p.s Please feel free to pop by my blog and enter my candy :-)

Kim Mc said...

Surprise! I forgot to comment last night, so here I am late again! Looks like your new markers and practice sessions with them have paid off, those strawberries are GORGEOUS!!! And they are beautifully set off by that brilliant sky and other color choices!! Absolutely adorable! And you know I love the second one with all that FAB pink! It's a great take on the 365 Cards challenge. It's so awesome when u get to play along with my and other challenges. I hope we get to see a lot more before the end of the summer!!
Aloha, Kim Mc (aka KL)
365 cards DT

Ros said...

Beautiful card ... I love the fruit and the sky background ... thanks for sharing at CCCB

Josephine said...

Beautiful card - fabulous design!

Thanks for joining us at One Stitch at a Time this week.

bente_me said...

Beautiful strawberry card! Fresh colors:)
Thanks for joining us at Truly Scrumptious!
Hugs Bente

Pam said...

Strawberries perfect for our summer theme, thanks for joining us at the crazy challenge. Hugs psm

Michele Roos said...

Such a wonderful card. Thanks for joining us this week at Truly Scrumptious. Hugs Michele x

Unknown said...

Super summery card, love strawberries. Thanks for joining in with the Digi Divas for our Spots and Stripes challenge. Good luck.
hugs
Dawn and the Digi Divas xx

Nina said...

The strawberry card is wonderful, love your colouring.

The card to Stamptacular Sunday is really fab!!
Love the ribbons and colourcombo.

Thanks for joining us at Stamptacular Sunday this week :)
Hugs, Nina.

Susie Sugar said...

Yummy summer cards
Thanks for joining us Digi Divas at the "Do It With Digis challenge" this time
Hugs Susie Sugar xx

Wendy said...

great card hun and fab image thank you for joining us at Truly Scrumptious for our sketch challenge this week almost good enough to eat yummy

Wendy DT TS

Unknown said...

Two fantastic cards, love the gorgeous colours of your card. Thank you for joining us at OSAAT and good luck.

Shan said...

Love your cards. Thank you so much for joining us for the "Just for you" challenge at Craft Your Passion Challenges. Good Luck :)

Shannin

Shannon said...

Sally, what a great summery card. I like your interpretation of the sun. Very creative! Thank you for joining us at HAnd Stamped Sentiments this week. The black and white DSP really makes your images pop.

Anne Marie Hile said...

Very pretty! Your coloring is gorgeous and your design is beautiful. Thanks for playing along at Hand Stamped Sentiemnts this week!

Anonymous said...

I love your strawberry image. They look so sweet and juicy. I also like how you suggested the sun's rays with the gold crimped paper. Very creative! Thanks for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

cnelson said...

Such a CUTE card! Thanks for joining us at CCCB!

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

This is BEAUTIFUL!!! I love your coloring and fantastic papers.


Thanks for joining us at our July month long prize challenge at Freshly Brewed Challenges.

Heather D.
www.freshbreweddesigns.com