Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Birthday, Love, Copics!


Happy Valentines Day!
Wee bit of snow gave me a couple days at home.
Totally enjoyed the long week-end!
Couple of cards to show you...
the first card...
A Happy Birthday card for my bestest daughter Kim!
I didn't want to post this till she got her package so I've been
sitting (no, not literally) on it for a week now.
I am entering Kim's card in the following challenges:
Allsorts Challenge - free and easy February
and the second card...
is a SU! Valentine card.
I turned the sketch and glued the blue DP
to the back so it lifts up to reveal the inside.
My inspiring challenges for Love card are...
Let's Ink It Up - Ribbons and lace
Crafty Creations - Swirly Whirly
CES Challenges - LOL...Lots of Layers
Cooking it Up with Katie - from a spool (ribbon), metal, sentiment
I Did It Creations - square cards
4 Crafty Chicks - Love is in the air
Creative Belli Challenge - Hearts/Valentines
By the Cute and Girly - Love is in the air
CRAFT Challenge - Valentine's Day
Craft Us Crazy - anything goes
Crafty Ann's Challenge - Love is in the Air
Crafty Calendar - Love and Marriage
Crazy Challenge - Valentine's Day
Creatalicious Challenge - All about lace
Creative Craft Challenge - Romantic with Valentines
For Fun Challenge - Put a little love in your heart
Fussy and Fancy - With all my heart
Hand Stamped Sentiments - Love is in the air
Incy Wincy Designs - recipe: 3 embellishments, 2 papers, and 1 image
Lollipop Crafts - with love
Oldie But Goodie - lace (Dp and Greeting Card Kid are a couple years old, Love stamp is new)
Once Crazy Stamper - Love is in the air
Paper Play Challenges - Love Letters
Simon Says Stamps - Love is in the air
Stamps R Us - Valentine/Love
Stamptacular Sunday - Pearls and lace
Truly Scrumptious - Love and Hearts

And now, my new Copic storage!

I have this neat storage unit my DD gave me when we
reorganized my 'craft' (ie. crap) room...
And I stored my markers in a couple of letter holders,
never could find the markers I needed quickly...
Then I bought a big (4'x8') light diffuser grid at Lowes
and my DH cut it up to fit in my square storage cube
(He cut 3 so I could stack them for more stability)...
And this is the end result...
Viola!...

And this is a bird's eye view...

I have sketch copics and they fit in the tiny squares at an angle. I don't know if the other styles of copic markers would work or not. I went ahead and put my primsa markers in it too. Looks like I have room to grow. My daughter took one glance at it and said "You have room for 144 copic markers!"
I do need to admit though that this is not my original idea.
 I found it on Pinterest!

Whew! I think I'm done now. Haven't posted for a couple of weeks...guess I had more to say than I thought I would. Back to work tomorrow, 2 days with kids and then Professional Development day on Friday, Monday is a holiday and I have a Dr. ap'pt the next Friday. I think I'm getting spoiled!

SAM

42 comments:

Patti J said...

Well, Happy Birthday to your Kimmie! I'm sure she loves her card! What a great idea for your markers - I wouldn't have thought to do that! You are amazing!!! Glad you've enjoyed your snow days. DH wrecked his truck coming in from work the other night. He wasn't hurt, but the truck's going to need several days at Redfield's! It's good to see you back out here, dear friend! Enjoy your days off :)

debby4000 said...

Two gorgeous cards.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamps Challenge.
luv
Debby

sharon said...

Gorgeous cards. Thanks for playing along at CRAFT challenge this week. Love your new storage system. Sharon x

Emma (metalicbutterfly) said...

Two fabulous cards loving the layout on the first one...

Thanks for playing this week in the free and easy challenge here at Allsorts

Emma xxx

WencheP said...

Beautiful cards. Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

-Wenche

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Great creations, love the colours & papers you have used!

Thank you for sharing with us at CES Challenge this week, good luck!
Hugs Shell xx

Julie M said...

Two gorgeous cards, Sally - I especially love the way you've adapted the sketch for the valentine card.

And your marker storage idea - genius!

Thanks for joining us on PaperPlay this week.

Julie :o)

Sue Nicholson said...

Beautiful work, thanks for sharing with us at Robyns Fetish square challenge, good luck, Cheers Sue N x

Nikbee said...

Wonderful cards.
Thank you for joining us at CRAFT.
Nikki x

LeroyLime said...

Great cards! The little doilies on the Valentine card make for a fancy treat and your new marker storage, WOW!! Bet you are thrilled! Thanks for playing along this week at Hand Stamped Sentiments!

Céline said...

fab cards! and i love how you stock your markers
thanks for playing with us at stamptacular sunday this week
hugs
céline dt member

Céline said...

and thanks for playing with us at BTC&G this month
hugs
céline dt member

Pam said...

Lovely cards thanks for joining us at the crazy challenge. Hugs Pam x

Anonymous said...

Beautifully Done! Thanks so much for joining in at Stamptacular sunday this week
Hugs Julie P

Unknown said...

Both cards are beautiful, thanks for taking part in our challenge this month at LIIU, good luck. The Copic storage idea is fab too. Hugz Suzanne

inkedx2 said...

Love your Valentine card. That little girl is so cute. Love the added touch of lace. Thanks for playing with us at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

Lindsey said...

Terrific cards! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations Challenges.

Kim Mc said...

I'm such a bad daughter!! It took me a whole day to comment on your post! BAD, Kimmie! But that in no way reflects my love of your creations (as usual!). I absolutely adore my birthday card (and the gift inside!) and that Valentine's Day card is so sweet! So glad that you had some snow days to play in your "crap" room! Here's hoping to a few more before spring!
Aloha, KL

Ann Whitfield said...

Wonderful cards - thank you for joining us at Crafty Ann's
Ann x

sara said...

great card love the sweet little bird thanks so much for joining us at oldie but a goodie this week
hugs sara x x

Bettina L. said...

Wow this is such a gorgeous love card. Love that doily too. Thanks for playing at Totally Gorjuss and good luck. Hope to see you back saturday for another challenge. Bettina xx

Jen said...

Sweet love card. Thank you for sharing with us at Crafty Ann's this week.
Jen x

Michelle Pearson said...

Thanks for sharing your creation on the One Crazy Stamper Challenge! :)

great copic organization too! :)

Penny said...

First of all thanks for sharing your card with us at cooking it up with katie, and wow on your marker storage, thats an great idea and I wish i'd seen it prior to purchasing a premade storagebox. Smart thinking!!

nnalorac said...

Gorgeous cards, lovely colour combos. Thanks for joining us this month over on BTC&G. Carolxx

DesignerDiva said...

Love both of your beautiful cards Sam. Fabby copic storage too, my BIL has just made me a new storage shelf for mine.
Thanks for sharing with us at Oldie But A Goodie this week and good luck with the challenge
Laurie x

Edwina said...

I love both your cards. They are so pretty. Thanks for joining us at Robyn's Fetish. Edwina Brown

cheryl said...

oh both these cards are just gorgeous,love them and great storage too,,bless you for playing at creative craft challenge this week hugs Cherylxxx

Nicola said...

Gorgeous cards Sam, especially your daughters birthday card - stunning!
Thanks for entering our Free and Easy challenge for Allsorts this week and good luck!
Hugs Nicola xxx

Kelly said...

Gorgeous card!! Thank you for playing along at Incy Wincy this week x

Marcea said...

A gorgeous love themed card. Thankyou for joining us on Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog last week. I hope you can join in our 'Tag It' challenge this week

Marcea -x-

Sheena said...

Lovely cards and great storage idea! Thanks for joining us at CES this week, Sheena xx

Winnie said...

A beautiful card love the image and colors thank you for joining our challenge at Stamptacular Sunday this week

Hugs Winnie

Just a Thought... said...

Adorable card!!! That little girl is just so cute!!! Thank you for participating this week with HSS!! Amy L.

Cindy Groh said...

Beautiful cards. Love them both. The doilies underneath are cool. Thanks for joining us at Robyn's Fetish this week.

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Fabulous card! Many thanks for sharing with Creatalicious Challenges.

Love the storage!

Warm hugs
Maarit

Krista said...

You go girl!! Way to incorporate so many punches and so many layers and make it look so clean and so polished. WHat a cute "love" card!! Thank you for joining us at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

Stampin by Genny said...

Your card is too cute. I love that you used the green and blue with your Valentine card! Thanks for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

Bada-Bing Creations said...

Your little girl is so sweet! I love the bold colors! Thanks for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments!

Cor* said...

What a cute card. love the added doily! Thanks for playing along with us at LIIU this month! BTW- gREAT storage UNIT for your copics!

Aideen said...

Great cards & awesome storage solution :) thanks for joining in with bythecuteandgirly this month X

Beverley said...

Gorgeous cards. Thanks for joining us at Creative Craft Challenges.
Hugs
Bev x