Thursday, December 11, 2014

HOPPIN' GOOD TIME!


Good morning!

My good friend Patti likes to have fun 
making cards so she gathered
seven of us together to do a 
Christmas/Winter card swap.

It was so much fun to 
see the different cards come in,
 that we decided to take it one step further,
 and do a blog hop with our swap cards!

This is just for fun...no prizes, 
but we hope that you are inspired 
by something
that you see today!

Here is my swap card:



A few details about the Little Penguin at the North Pole Easel card:


*Mostly Stampin' Up supplies used: the owl punch, his little wings are the vest cut in half. This punch has a lot of mileage on it, used it for a graduation card just this last spring.


*the red Santa hat is punched from the top section of the Festival of Trees punch and the hat trim is the scallop part of the pennant triangle punch. I punched one side on the bottom side of the triangle and the with a sticky note holding it, flipped it around and made the other scalloped side. 

*the embossed snow is made from the jumbo Die-Namics clouds, My Favorite Things.

*the tree is from SU! Festival of Trees stamp set, as is the red bird, in the current Holiday catalog, punched out of All Is Calm specialty designer series paper also in the current Holiday catalog. I punched the trees 3 times, trimmed the bottom of two and stacked them.

*Warmest Wishes sentiment is from SU! retired stamp set, Warmest of Wishes. 

*the North Pole sign is computer generated, which was my daughter's idea, thanks Kim!!!


Decided to include a pic of another Christmas card I made this year. 
A bunch of us  'girls' get together once a month to just Stamp and have fun.
This card was made on the night my daughter gave 
a lesson on the technique of coloring with alcohol markers. 
She demonstrated Copics and Stampin' Up! new Blendabilites. 
I went ahead and made more of them because the school district I work in has a tradition of each building sending holiday greetings to all the other schools.

Now, you can hop on the Winter Express and see what the other folks created!

Sally McDonald  -  this is me!  

 Debbie Seyer     Sue Drees     Cheryl Winget



Thanks for stopping by -Wishing you and
and your family a safe 
Merry Christmas
 and a
Happy New Year!


Entering the Skating Bird into the Cute Card Thursday Challenge

Entering the Little Penguin Santa into the Crafty Creations Challenge

Entering the Little Penquin Santa into the Corrosive Challenge

Entering the Little Penguin Santa in the Christmas Card Challenge

SAM

10 comments:

Sue said...

What a cute Penguin card. Loving the colors and design too. Can't wait to see it in person. This was a fun swap, thanks to our friend Patti.

Hugs
Sue

Patti J said...

Sally, thanks SO much for joining in! I think this had to be the best swap I've taken part in. Your card is delightful, and I loved it!!! Lol...Shirley and I are so lucky - we got BOTH cards that you showed here today! Hugs...

Cheryl W. said...

I absolutely love your cute little penguin card. I received my cards yesterday, and they are all so fantastic! This was my first swap ever and I LOVED it! Thanks so much to you and to the others who participated for your beautiful cards! Cheryl

Glittered Paws said...

Loved your card - and love Penquins - all with the owl punch - think I am going to have to case this little guy. What a great hop our "friend" put together for us.

Debbie Seyer said...

I really love the penquin card and its so cute in person! Thanks for such a cute card!

Shirley-Anne said...

A fabulous snow scene and a cute fun image .Thanks for sharing on Christmas card challenge Blog .

Unknown said...

What a fun and adorable card! Thanks for sharing this. This inspires me as I am making a christmas card too. Sending my warmest Christmas wishes to you and to your family.

Happy holidays!

Inkyfingers said...

What a fun festive card and the tree is so creative.
Thanks for joining us at Christmas Card Challenges this week.
Hugs Carol x

Lynne in NI said...

Beautiful cards, your little sparkly penguin is adorable! :)

Anna-Karin said...

This is just to cute. Love the image. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations. Hugs Anna-Karin