Saturday, August 22, 2009

Peachy Teachers and Layers!

Please scroll down, 3 challenges posted here!
The title breaks down to the 3 challenges I have left this week for 365 Cards which need to be posted by midnight! I never, ever dreamed I could make 3 cards in a day 2 months ago, but, l@@k at me now!

The first card is for Thursday, August 20, 2009 Day 173 - Mixed Message. This confused me at first (I don't know why it was only 4 AM!) but this was the challenge: Incorporate THREE ways to create a sentiment to make one big sentiment. Mix and match things like stamped, alpha stickers, handwritten, computer-generated, transfers, etc. After a lot of thought and looking at other cards for inspiration, I came up with "Teachers Have Class". 'Teacher' is computer generated, layered on top of a staff photo. I'm in the middle back with my mouth open if you want to find me! LOL!!! 'Have' is cut with alphabet letters with cuttlebug, then I used the negative image. 'Class' is made with some fake diamonds! Fun card to make!



The next card is for day Friday, August 21, 2009 Day 174 - Just Peachy. Simply have peach as the main color...oh darn, I like to eat peaches but nothing in my life is peach colored including cardstock. So I picked the closest color I have, Apricot Appeal, and hoped the photo would look peachy. I think it's pretty close! The flower is from SU! Longed stem stamp set. I hand embossed with a rectangle nestie, too lazy to get the cuttlebug out. Colored with stamp pad ink with a blender pen.

The last card for this week's challenge is for Saturday, August 22, 2009 Day 175 - Stampin' Saturday. Challenge is to layer stamps, not needing to mask. But being the oppositional person I am, I did some masking which is covered up with all the stamping layers! I used soft sky and groovy guava to set the background base and then used flourishes, leaves, butterflies, and flowers in a variety of ink colors. The oval stamp I bought today from my mentor, Sue, at her SU! open house. Remind me to tell you what else she talked me into!

That's all for tonight. Has been a long week and I need a good night's rest! I think I'll dream of rainbows! SAM

4 comments:

~amy~ said...

wow...you've been busy! love all your different challenge cards...especialy the mixed messages one :) Love the bling!

Patti J. said...

Great cards Sam!!! It was good to see you at Sue's today. Can't believe what I heard about you there!!! lol... what did Jimbo say??? Anyway, love your cards - especially that first one - great idea with the stones!!! Big hugs!

Juls said...

gorgeous cards!! Love the bling on the first one!

Pam said...

Wonderful cards - I especially like what you did with the stamp layering!