Thursday, September 3, 2009

Shades of Blue ...

2 challenges completed in this card...
Day 185 - Feeling Blue at 365 Cards and Sketch Challenge SC244 at Spiltcoast Stampers.


Took a day off yesterday to go to the dermatologist and just had to make a side trip to Archivers and Cheesecake Factory! A fun day and bought nothing except for a huge bag of embellishments! Don't worry, they're not all for me, I will share with my daughter Kim! Come to find out this morning I will be getting goodies from Pam at 365 Cards - I woke up this morning to see this message, "You've won an August card kit from Mackenzie Mae Designs!!!" WOW, my first win! Can't wait to get it Pam, thanks so much!

Back to the card, the flower background paper is from The Green Stack that I bought at Archivers. The other blues I used are SU! CS, soft sky, not quite navy, and blue bayou. The center medallion is SU! In the Spotlight punched out with scallop punch. Added the red bling to brighten up the card. I wanted to keep it simple but I feel like it needs something else. I tried to add ribbon but it just didn't seem to work. What do you think? More bling? I do like bling.

Have a great day! SAM

2 comments:

Juls said...

such a lovely card!

Kim Mc said...

more bling, more bling!!! Hehe...you could get tear drop rhinestones and add those to the punch-out! hehe! Congrats on your win and can't wait to see what I get from the shopping trip. BTW, the card really looks great just the way it is, KISS! :) Aloha, KL