Thursday, September 10, 2009

Sweet Skunk Wearing Chantilly Lace Eating Cupcakes!

Please scroll down, for 365 challenges posted below!

The title of the this post describes the 4 challenges I am finally getting around to posting! The first is one of the most recent challenges this week, Day 193 - Card Recipe . Here is the recipe: 5x5 Card, 4 different patterned papers, 3 blossoms, 1 stamped (ink or digital) image, 5 rhinestones and the sentiment is up to you. I find any card with more than 2 DP intimidating, but I kept telling myself to keep it simple and I think I accomplished my goal! Of course what made it is is The Green Stack Paper that I bought last week at Archivers. The cute little skunk is part of the mat stack and he is just so cute I decided to build the card around it. The heart is a sticker, it had one printed on it but I decided to 'enlarge' it. My rhinestones are black to match the card base and the flowers are actually rhinestones too! Wonder if I get extra credit for that?

The next card is for Day 192 - So "Sweet". To have the word sweet on the card. This is a card I made at the Stampin' Up open house that I signed up to be a demo. Hmmm, maybe I better get started on that!
Finally I figured out what to do with Day 191 - Musical Monday challenge based on the song Chantilly Lace, by The Big Bopper. Found this sketch at Midnight Madness and thought it fit perfectly! The lace background is a picture of a swatch of Chantilly lace found at an on-line fabric store. The card base is blush blossom, then I used black brads/rhinestones, white organza ribbon, a cuttlebugged butterfly and a black flower.
The last card is for the first day of the challenge week at 365 Cards, the famous Super Sketchy Sunday for day 190. Whoa - what a sketch...


Then after my daughter said it looked like a donut on a triangle, well I just couldn't get that image out of my head! (Things get stuck there a lot!) I finally got it out of my head and turned the triangle into an origami Christmas tree. I stamped and embossed a Magenta ornament stamp behind for the donut, uh, I mean circle part of the sketch.

Turned out to be pretty simple, it seemed with the tree as a focal point anything else just cluttered the card. But then, I am a CAS kind-of gal!
Gotta go, busy day tomorrow. Take care and give your kids or pets a hug!
Hugs to Kim! SAM


9 comments:

Carolyn V said...

WOW! You were incredibly busy (and I'm relieved that you didn't actually attempt a sweet skunk wearing chantilly lace eating cupcakes!)

The skunk is adorable, however! and I LOVE your Christmas card. How clever to use a wreath for the donut element of the sketch! (and the folded tree is pretty darn awesome, too!)

Priscilla said...

Wow you are a busy girl. I love all your cards, but have to say you did an exceptional job with this weeks sketch..((((clap clap clap)))) I really love the butterly flower..I have been going through a faze where I just love butterflies..LOL Thank you so much for playing the Midnight Madness Sketch challenge this week. If you find the time, please stop back by and check out the Mid Week Midnight Madness Tutorial :)
Priscilla
MMSC Hostess

Kim Mc said...

Mom, I don't know why you waited sooooo long to post all of these, they are ALL AWESOME!!! The skunk is hilarious and cute, the cupcakes are scrumptious (love the colors and layout!), the Chantilly lace is gorgeous (go butterfly!!), and the tree is BEE-utiful!!! Hope you have fun shopping!! Aloha, KL

Carol Hurlock said...

Thank you for playing Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge this week. All of your cards are just precious!!! I like what you did with the MMSC, it looks awesome. I also really love that Christmas tree with the embossed background. You are so talented and creative. It was a pleasure to stop by and see your work. I look forward to coming back to see your artistry.

Carol
MMSC-GDT-September

Juls said...

wow!! these are gorgeous! Love the black, white and pink one! such a striking combo!

Gloria Stengel said...

Girl, when you do it, you do it up right! Great job. The lace card and the skunk are my favs!

~amy~ said...

OMGoodness...you have been busy!!! Love all of them but especially the 365 Cards Super Sketchy Sunday one!!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Wow!! YOu have been busy!! I like all the dimension on all of your creations. The card you created with the MMSC and the butterfly is so soft and beautiful. Thanks for playing with the MMSC this week!

I have blog candy on my blog if you are interested.

Chris MMSCDT

Jeni C Slack (^0^) said...

You sure are busy! You did a terrific job of playing with us and the MMSC card you made is very pretty :) Thanks for playing with us, xox ~Jeni & MMSC DT