Saturday, September 19, 2009

5 challenges on one post for 365 Cards!

This card is for today's sketch at 365 Cards, Day 203 - Feeling Lucky.
This is an Inkadinkado Asian stamp that wishes for a Good Life. I bought for my DD but since I haven't packed her box yet...here it is Kim!


This card is for Friday, September 18, 2009
Day 202 - Once Upon a Time...
I picked the fairy tale of the Little Red Hen. This is a story I enjoyed as a child and as a teacher. Teaching Kindergarten, we would read the story, sequence it, act it out and do various other 'learning' activities. Then at the end of the week we would use a bread machine to make bread! I printed out a copy of bread loafs for the background, computer generated "Thanks for your help!" (Isn't that we wanted the Little Red Hen to say?) Then using SU! Best of Cluck and I stamped the images on a transparency and colored with red and yellow SU! markers. After 2 years I mastered the Crop-a-Dile and used eyelets for the corners. Thanks Kim!




The shoe challenge was hard for Thursday, September 17, 2009
Day 201 - One, Two, Buckle my Shoe . I found clipart and quote on the Internet, cuttlebugged the Grovy Guava card base and mat. Used a nestie to cut out the shoe.

OK, this day hit me right up the side of the head! Wednesday, September 16, 2009
Day 200 - It's What's Inside that Counts. We were to use a sentiment expressing 'I Miss You'. Not so hard until I tried to use a new technique. Looked so simple, couldn't get it to work and 5 cards later and I came up with this! Not my best work, but I did it in 5 minutes! The photos on the card front is from an old Paper Crafting with Photos magazine that I had downloaded the photo from. I hand wrote 'Miss You' because I did not want to do it on the computer!
I'll keep working on 'the technique' when I have more time and not so worn out...



Bee Happy is for Tuesday, September 15, 2009
Day 199 - Shape Up!
Luckily I had bought the background paper last week on a Dr./shopping trip to St. Louis. I stamped the bees and the Bee Happy is a sticker I have had forever! Guess we all have stuff laying around forever - hey that would be a challenge, use something you have had in your stock for over 5 years!


That's all for tonight. Going have to decide if I'm keeping up with this everyday challenge or not. This week I feel like I did quantity and not quality. Oh well, at least my craft area looks like I'm doing quality! Good night and have a great Sunday! SAM

4 comments:

Chrissie said...

Well, goodness me! What a terrific lot of catching up.
I think all these cards are great, but if I had to choose a favourite it would have the be the Lucky one!

Kim Mc said...

Glad to see I wasn't the only one getting under the wire to submit the challenges for the week :) We definitely have a mutual admiration society going, thanks for giving me a preview of the stamp you got me and for finally figuring out the crop-a-dile (didn't realize it was a problem to use...couldn't showed you how when I was home!). Anyway, I love all of your cards...my favorite is the "bee happy" one. See my take on this one here (if this doesn't work sorry, wanted to try creating my own link...) :)
Aloha!

Jenny S. (UK) said...

Well done on a great catch up, fantastic cards and I love the way they are photographed, love the warm colour they all have, made me feel very happy.

Celeste said...

Wow, I wasn't the only one playing catch up this week huh? I love the little red hen, forgot about that story! All your cards are great. The Asian symbol is beautiful. I can tell you are an elementary school teacher from the perfect handwriting on the Miss You card. LOL