Saturday, August 29, 2009

Celebrate Baseball, You Bird!

Please note, 3 challenges posted today, scroll down!

Starting with today's challenge, Day 182 - Sporty Saturday.

Slept late, woke up at 6 this morning and checked out the challenge at 365 Cards and saw Sports Saturday! Yuck, oh man, I hate sports, I don't own any gear pertaining to sports, shoot, might as well go back to bed! Well I didn't, I searched the Internet and found some clip art and a 'kinda-sort-of' baseball quote. Only took 2 hours - 2 hours after that I finished the card! If only I could get paid by the hour for doing this! Not knowing where I was headed with this card, it turned out to be a congratulatory card for a baby boy. Of course it's sort of retro, who folds diapers anymore!
Oh darn, I just noticed that I didn't get all of the quote pasted on! Oh well, you do understand don't you!

This card is made for 2 challenges, Day 181 - White Space at 365 Cards and Splitcoast Challenge for Friday, LSC235, It's all about Me!
It's a CAS card to leave white space and for Splitcoast the challenge is to use Chocolate colored CS and a butterfly. If you didn't know, I love both of those! The flower like trim on the bottom was made with my border fiskars punch on both sides of a 1" (I think) strip of CS.
I really like making CAS cards, sorry Patti J!


This is this inside of the card, the 3rd criteria was to make it into a gift card. Used my new nestie to do that.

And this is the bird in my title today. It is for Day 179 - Checkerboard Background at 365 Cards. This was one hard card for me. I must have started and trashed at least 5 cards. This is made with a vellum check print that I bought years ago at a scrapbooking store going out of business. I punched Maple leaves and placed them behind the vellum. Used a Martha Stewart glitter bird and painted another Maple leaf with metallic copper paint. And, added a ribbon!

I have already put more time into this today than I had planned, but at least I'm not posting at the last minute for this week! Have a good week-end. SAM

8 comments:

Janis Lewis said...

I saw the 365 sports challenge and thought the same thing, ewwww, but your card came out great! The butterfly and bird card are also very nice. All different and all pretty. You did good!

Patti J. said...

Girl, your sports card is fab!!! LOVIN' it!!! These 365 challenges sure push us outside our comfort zones, but it's fun, isn't it? I think??? Your cards are all wonderful! Great job!

Susan said...

oh, whatever time it took, that baby boy card is so special! love the vintage look of the colors and the little poem is charming! I commend you for sticking to it!

Sherry Eckblad said...

Wonderful cards I especially like the one with the bird and the fall leaves.

Unknown said...

Great cards Sam and your sports card is awesome. You did a better job than most of the challenge.
Hugs
Michelle

Rose said...

all are fantastic! that bird on the last one is awesome!! great work :)

Lost in Paper said...

Awesome cards!!! I love your baseball card!!!

Vicky said...

awesome cards!!! your sports card is just fantastic!