Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Reflective Penquin!

What else can you do on a snowy night, ice skating all by yourself? Reflect about why you can't sleep...oh wait a minute, I'm reflecting my issues on the penquin!



The penquin is printed on acetate and colored with sharpy markers. I added red stickles to the hat and liquid applique, heated very carefully (acetate is allergic to heat!). The white snowflakes are stamped on the inside so they show through the window. The gold and silver metallic cardstock is from the same sheet. I used Staz-On stamp cleaner to remove the gold finish!


I didn't much like it as I was finishing it up, but then my DH said, "I like it, is it going to be our Christmas card this year?" That's pretty much a compliment in this house, or was he just trying to get me motivated? That is the question.  This is for for There's Magic In the Air challenge...go by and grab the cute litle penquin guy for free!

Night all!

Stamping by SAM

7 comments:

Kim Mc said...

YEAH! YEAH! YEAH!! Another card!! LOVE IT (and I'm not just saying that because you're my mom!). Love the flipped image and it looks like it's printed on acetate with snowflakes? However you did it, it's brilliant!! And the contrasts between the holographic paper, red rick rack and blue embossed panel is stunning. Thanks for playing with us at TMITA this week and can't wait to see what you come up next (hint, hint!)

Aloha, Kim
TMITA Design Team member
Check out the free weekly digi!

A Consuming Passion said...

I'm with your husband! I think your card is lovely!!! do you need my address!!! (joking truly) Great job with Nina's cute image.

craftieodmae said...

Oh WOWZERS!!! This is awesome, love it!

Nilla said...

Fabulous card, love all about it, it's so creative! Thanks for skating with us this week at TMITA, Sam! Hugs Nilla

Danielle said...

I love this Sam - it's fabulous! The reflective paper is awesome and I love how you stamped the acetate! A really great card! Thanks for playing along this week at TMITA!
Hugs, Danielle

Selma said...

This is fabulous. You are so creative stamping the design on acetate and I love how you reversed the image. Looking forward to seeing your card next week. Thanks for playing along on the TMITA challenge this week.

Nina said...

Sam, you are soo funny in your writtings!! Love your card, very creative and love the window and how you used the acetate! Just wonderfully beautiful and creative!! Thanks for playing along again this week over at TMITA!