Sunday, November 1, 2009

Recycled Thanksgiving - but not the Turkey!

I was looking at challenges yesterday trying to get ideas for a card to make. Well, it was just overwhelming! The one challenge that stuck in my head was Stamp Simply to make a 3 panel accordion card. It was different and sounded like a challenge to get my Mojo going! Then I was cleaning off the kitchen table, throwing away junk mail and to my surprise – I found this…junk mail in a 3 panel card!





Well, it just so happens that we had two (one for DH and one for me!) He didn’t want his, go figure, so my little mind thinks, “If I mess it up, I’ll have a backup!” Of course I need a backup, I mess everything up! So I sponged the edges in Bravo Burgundy, Really Rust, Taken with Teal and Old Olive for the ColourQ challenge. Wow, it ended up with a marble look.

Took some thinking (that hurts!) and I wanted to decorate the back side (I did put DP on it, just didn’t embellish) Thought I could use 6 different sketch challenges instead of just the 3 I did use. Ran out of that Mojo juice, wonder if Wally World sells it?!?


So what you see is what I got - the finished card…



And below are the challenges I met in the making of my Thanksgiving Accordion Card!


1. Stamp TV # STVC36 – sketch, third panel
2. Whimsy Stamps – Sketch, second panel
3. Eat, Sleep, and Stamp – Sketch, first panel
4. Stamp Simply – 3 panel accordion card
5. ColourQ – use Bravo Burgundy, Really Rust, Taken with Teal and Old Olive
6. Cuttlebug Challenge Blog #55 – Use “your favorite” and mine is the *BLING*
7. Our Creative Corner – make it vintage
8. Pile It On – a card that sends “thanks”
9. Gingersnap Creations – 2 Challenges: 27 to use orange, green, brown and 28 to make a Thanksgiving card
10. Sunflowers and Dragonflies #15 – flower power!
11. Crafty Creations – a Thanksgiving card
12. My Creative Moments #4 – to use circles
13. Stamptacular Sunday Challenge #31 – Friendship
14. Challenge Up Your Life – to Pimp it Up! To take something and make it look better
15. There's Magic In the Air - the pumpkin Digi and the first panel

Just think – this card base could be in the trash can now!

Sorry for the long post. Making a card once a week leads to a lot of wordiness. Have a great week everyone. I’m just hoping for a better week than last week… SAM

ps...DH is still sick with that darn flu, it's been 2 weeks now. I noticed a lot of blogs I went to are discussing dealing with the same type of symptoms. It sure does wipe you out!


34 comments:

Nina said...

WOW SAM! What a creation you have there!! I wonder who the lucky ducky recipent it going to be? It is truly just amazingly beautiful! And I love that the 3 panels came from what was soon to be trash! Way to go green.. lol wasn't there a challenge to fit that category? :O) But wowzer on all the challenges you cover, I think I might need a spread sheet to keep track of them all! :O) I love everything about this card, the colors, the warm feeling and the sentiment as well as all the work that went into it!! Way to go! And thanks for including us and playing along this week over at TMITA!

Ellibelle said...

What a fantastic card. I love the sponging you did!
Great way to recycle the junk mail.

Anonymous said...

oh Sam, sorry your DH is still sick, did you all get it? We got the magnificent N1H1 and it's been 2 weeks and we still feel like crap. thank goodness the one that feels the better is our baby.

Thanks for playing again w/ us at Pile It On... I just added you to the Mr. Linky since he was missing in action

-- dalis

Aud Kirsten said...

Wow, this is gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at SSC this week:)

Nilla said...

How did you manage so many challenges, just impressive, and a wonderful card it is! Well done! Thanks for joining us at TMITA this week, Sam! Hugs Nilla

Anonymous said...

What a pretty tri-panel! I love your fabulous rich tones. Thanks for playing the Gingersnap Creations Harvest and Color Challenges!

Line said...

Wow what a great card!! How clever are you to use that junk mail :) The result is amazing, looks sooo pretty!!

Thanks for joining us at SSC this week!

Hugs, Line

Manuela said...

wow! what a fab idea and it looks soooo gorgeous! and congratulations on joining sooo many challenges! great :D thanks for playing with us at CUYL :) hugs, manuela

craftieodmae said...

Seen this over at stamptv and just had to check out your blog. this is fantastic! And look at how many challengs you got to use WOWZERS!

Laura said...

Fantastic make. Great to see your creation.

Beth Norman said...

Wow, awesome project. I really like this panel project. Thank you for playing in Sunflowers and Dragonflies challenge. It is always so nice to see someone new. Hope to see you again.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful card...I love it!!!
Thanks for joining in with the CB Challenges
terrie
http://cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com/

Ali Manning said...

This is really lovely!

Liza said...

Beautiful creations, I love all the elements. Thanks for joining us at SSC.

Liza x

papertrails leaver said...

Amazing! I can't believe how many challenges you completed! I bow to you! Impressive!

Arielle H Gordon said...

Hey Sam, awesome card this week... it's cards like this that make it really hard to pick just one winner! You did a terrific job! Sorry I didn't comment sooner, we had a busy holiday weekend! Thanks so much for playing along this week @ colourQ, too! ~ Arielle

Piali said...

Wow!!! amazing..great take on all these fab challenges..good luck! Thanks for joining us at SSC this week.
hugs
Piali

Kim Mc said...

Well, mother dear, what can I say? I suggest doing 10 challenges and you do them, I suggest 15 and you do them!! I was just KIDDING! ;) Even though it took you FOREVER to get this done (I should know, you talked about it for DAYS!), it is absolutely BEE-utiful! The recycling of the flyer was brilliant and the embellishing on the other side is gorgeous! Can't wait to see what you do next!!!

Speaking of that, I was thinking of challenging you to combine 20 challenges but decided I'd make it even HARDER!!! So here it is, ready? Can you make a card with no more than 2 challenges?!?! Can't wait to see! :) Aloha, KL and Malie

PS the dentist went great this afternoon but didn't get home until 7:30 so no cards this evening. Maybe tomorrow...

Katie said...

Fabulous creation!
If you find any more Mojo could you send it my way too!
Great combo of challenges and "Thank You!" for playing at PIO this week!

Jennifer Stricker said...

Thank you for recycling! That is the best way I can think of to re-use the junk we get. Wonderful card! Thank you for playing along with Pile it on this week. Hope you'll join us again.

Jennifer PIO DT

Stempelhexe said...

Das ist ja eine Mammutchallenge, aber
die Karte ist dir sehr gelungen.

LG
Ulla

Nikki Schmaltz said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! Love that you recycled this. How awesome! Thanks for playing along at SSC:)

Patti J said...

Wow. Wow wow wow wow wow!!!!! Where did you find time to even FIND that many challenges??? Girl, you amaze me! Are you sure that YOU didn't retire? Lol...just kidding - this is fabulous! I think Kim's right - we (you) need to go for 20 (two?) next time!!! Lol! Let's get together soon!

raindropecho said...

Wow, this is so incredibly wonderful!! Beautiful. Thanks for joining our challenge at Crafty Creations and Pile It On this week :D
- Ann

biggi-al said...

You really did a great job - it looks wonderful!!!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

A really awesome card! I really love what you have done here. The idea of repurposing the junk mail is super and you really rocked the vintage challenge. Thanks so much for playing along with the OCC this week!

Sprytebyrd said...

Wow! Wonderful card, and a great way to reuse! I love it!
Thanks so much for joining us at SSC this week!
Hugs, Dee

Carol said...

Sally, I really like your take on the ESS sketch using it to do this accordian card! Doing 6 sketches is great multitasking! :) I like all the details you put into this altered junk mail; looks AMAZING!

Paula said...

Just love this card...love the flowers and all the little details! What a wonderful wonderful project this was for you! Hope your dh feels better soon...we just had h1n1 and it really drug both of us down! Happy healing! So glad you could join us this week at the Stamptacular Sunday Challenge!
Pleasantly,
Paula

Anonymous said...

Pretty!

Thanks for joining us at SSC this week.

Janneke X

Tracy said...

My jaw is still on the floor with this amazing project. AND that you combined so many challenges. I think you are my new IDOL girl!! Seriously this came out lovely. Give yourself a big ol pat on the back. Way to go Sam!!! Thank you so much for playing along with my this weeks sketch.

Hugs,
Tracy

Anonymous said...

This is wonderful. What a fantastic job you have done.. thank you for taking part at ssc

Georgia said...

Wow! Amazing card. Thanks for joining us at the SSC.

Carolyn said...

What a lovely card. I love all your embellishments. Thanks for joining in at SSC.
Hugss xx
Carolyn