Saturday, November 28, 2009
The moose and mice are a free digi from Nina's There's Magic In the Air! I popped up the mouse in the Santa hat, the present and the star with a gold thread hanger. Along with the digi, Nina wanted us to help the moose feel warm and fuzzy, so his blanket is blue flower soft, the mice are wrapped up in Stickles along with the present, the star is punched from blue glitter CS and I replaced the Christmas light in the digi with an embellishment I bought years ago when visiting my DD, Kim, in paradise. Be sure to take a look at her take on this challenge, the moose is snuggling inside waiting for Santa to come!
I am also entering this in the following challenges:
* Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps!! Challenge # 8 to be Touchy Feely
* Stamp, Scrap and Doodle Saturdays, Challenge #17 to make a Christmas Theme project.
* Crazy 4 Challenges, Week 13, Punch Happy!
Don't forget to check out There's Magic In the Air for news about the upcoming Blog Hop! Check my sidebar for more info!
Thanks for looking, have a good rest of the week-end and here's to the rush for the upcoming next holiday - Christmas!
Stamping by SAM
Friday, November 27, 2009
The Walnut tree of memories past......
By Beverly Blanton Fischer
I remember hearing stories shared of the “Blanton Walnut tree,”
Between my Aunts’ Becky and Margie, without Dad there to referee.
It seemed to spark quite a few tales of childhood memories,
Although both had renditions which neither one could agree.
During the spring the sparse leaves would finally come in full,
Providing shade to the horses, sheep, cows, and maybe even a bull.
The tree may have served as base during those childhood games of hide and seek,
Or maybe it was the place of hiding, hoping no one would dare look up and peak.
It would also provide a bounty of nuts each and every beautiful fall,
Grandma added them to the fudge to be enjoyed at Christmas by all.
I was deeply saddened to get the call today when Mom told me of the news,
A savage storm swept through the farm and left everything gravely bruised.
The Blanton Walnut tree had been uprooted, and was no longer standing tall and proud,
Instead, it lay on the ground looking beaten, and ready to be covered with shroud.
There is no other piece of wood more beautiful than the grain of a Walnut tree,
It possesses such a dark, rich, earthen color, I dare anyone to disagree.
I truly believe that its purpose was served and the time had come to move on,
Instead of being the tree of memories past……it can now be timber full of brawn.
It just seemed too much of a coincidence that the tree fell at the same time my MIL made her journey to heaven. The analogy of the tree and Becky is just too clear. Thanks Bev for your beautiful words and love. This picture is for you with a ton a gratitude.
The picture is an old photograph borrowed from Aunt Wilda (Bev's mom). I scanned/enlarged it and put it in the back of the shadow box frame. The poem is printed on a transparency and placed behind the glass.Thanks for sharing in our memories...
Stamping by SAM
Sunday, November 22, 2009
The heart and wheels are punched out of glitter paper.
I cased this from raiwolf on Splitcoast Stampers.
Wish I had a lighter touch on the shading like she does! If you haven't looked at her work please take some time to, she is inspirational. She is not 'just' a card maker (like myself) she is an artist!
Ok, I slept till 9 this morning and did find a few minor typos. I'll drink another cup of java and check again later! Hope you enjoyed my creations. By the way, I started making the 5 cards last night after dinner at 7 and completed them by midnight. Those that know me know this is a miracle of sorts!
Thursday, November 19, 2009
This is the sketch...
Used a dimensional sticker by Pooch and Sweetheart, Hampton sentiment stamp, the tag is the cardboard backing from 'some package', lavender paper and ribbon. The inside is finished also, I'll try to get a picture in the morning...for now...going beddy bye!
Thanks for looking!
Stamping by SAM
Wednesday, November 18, 2009
My inspiration was the mug in the photo. My DD Kim gave it to me some years back (Thanks Kimmy) and I have been wanting to make a card with the red stripes and snowflakes. This fits perfectly with 365 cards challenge for Monday, November 16, Day 261 - Card Recipe.
- 4x4 Card
- Red Background
- Snowflakes (pattern, embellishments, any #, and any variety)
- 1 ribbon
- stamped sentiment
Tuesday, November 17, 2009
Sunday, November 15, 2009
1. Where is your cell phone? charging
2. Your hair? Natural dark ash blond
3. Your mother? Nettie
4. Your father? John
5. Your favorite food? all, except liver
6. Your dream last night? ?
7. Your favorite drink? hot chocolate
8. Your dream/goal? Have my daughter take care of me in my old age...I knew I couldn't do it in one word!
9. What room are you in? craft/office
10. Your hobby? card making
11. Your fear? rodents and reptiles
12. Where do you want to be in 6 years? Hawaii
13. Where were you last night? home
14. Something that you're aren't? skinny
15. Muffins? yes
16. Wish list item? finished house
17. Where did you grow up? Missouri
18. Last thing you did? paid bills (after talking to KIM!)
19. What are you wearing? sweats, t-shirt, jacket
20. Your TV? Living room and craft/office
21. Your Pets? adopted mutt, Buddy! (Everyone needs a Buddy!)
22. Friends? near and far
23. Your life? Yeah...
24. Your mood? hotflashes, need I say more?
25. Missing Someone? always, my dear Kim
26. vehicle? sable
27. Something your not wearing? bra
28. Your favorite store? Hobby Lobby
29. Your favorite color? blue, color of Paradise!
30. When was the last time you laughed? today
31. Last time you cried? Friday - remember the hotflash answer???
32. Your best friend? my daughter!
33. One place that I go to over and over? work, blah, blah, blah :(
34. Facebook? yes, just to be nosey!
35. Favorite place to eat? What's open?
Stamping by SAM
Saturday, November 14, 2009
The other challenges I used to make this card are:
- Diva Coffee Break Design Sketch Challenge #153
- La La Weekly Challenge #12 ~ Getting Punchy!
- Challenge #6 - Lotsa Circles!! at Kraftin' Kmmie Stamps
- Pile it On! to use leaves (good thing I bought a new leaf punch!)
- Just Us Girls week #7 challenge to dry emboss
Enjoy your Sunday, I'll be playing ketchup again!
[ketchup means...I need to 'catch up' with everything I have put off and need to get done!)
ps Does anyone have a sandwich recipe for using Big Shot Texture plates from Stampin' Up in the cuttlebug?
Stamping by SAM
Friday, November 13, 2009
Friday, November 6, 2009
Trouble getting this card done because I wanted to be a little more creative with it. I kept holding myself back so I could get it done and posted tonight before I leave. Therefore, my digi and sentiment are not straight. Maybe I shouldn’t lay my head down and snooze when putting cards together!
This is the sketch I followed for Stamp TV challenge STVSC37
And this is the card with the digi from There’s Magic In the Air.
And this is where the Bravo Burgundy ended up!
Hope you have a great week-end and those of you in the Midwest – enjoy the great weather!
PS to Kim - Sorry, I took one more step and did 3 challenges!!!
Sunday, November 1, 2009
Well, it just so happens that we had two (one for DH and one for me!) He didn’t want his, go figure, so my little mind thinks, “If I mess it up, I’ll have a backup!” Of course I need a backup, I mess everything up! So I sponged the edges in Bravo Burgundy, Really Rust, Taken with Teal and Old Olive for the ColourQ challenge. Wow, it ended up with a marble look.
And below are the challenges I met in the making of my Thanksgiving Accordion Card!
1. Stamp TV # STVC36 – sketch, third panel
2. Whimsy Stamps – Sketch, second panel
3. Eat, Sleep, and Stamp – Sketch, first panel
4. Stamp Simply – 3 panel accordion card
5. ColourQ – use Bravo Burgundy, Really Rust, Taken with Teal and Old Olive
6. Cuttlebug Challenge Blog #55 – Use “your favorite” and mine is the *BLING*
7. Our Creative Corner – make it vintage
8. Pile It On – a card that sends “thanks”
9. Gingersnap Creations – 2 Challenges: 27 to use orange, green, brown and 28 to make a Thanksgiving card
10. Sunflowers and Dragonflies #15 – flower power!
11. Crafty Creations – a Thanksgiving card
12. My Creative Moments #4 – to use circles
13. Stamptacular Sunday Challenge #31 – Friendship
14. Challenge Up Your Life – to Pimp it Up! To take something and make it look better
15. There's Magic In the Air - the pumpkin Digi and the first panel
Just think – this card base could be in the trash can now!
Sorry for the long post. Making a card once a week leads to a lot of wordiness. Have a great week everyone. I’m just hoping for a better week than last week… SAM
ps...DH is still sick with that darn flu, it's been 2 weeks now. I noticed a lot of blogs I went to are discussing dealing with the same type of symptoms. It sure does wipe you out!