Friday, July 31, 2009

2 cards for 365 challenge +

Below are 2 cards for 365 Cards Challenges this week.

The first card is for Day #153 - Tag You're It! I also combined it with Midnight Madness, MMSC12 sketch and Splitcoast Challenge LSC231 to use Limited Supplies, this week was A Challenge to DIE For - translated: use a die cut/punch as the focal point of the card, the only stamped image could be used as background or sentiment but not both. Midnight Madness and Day 153 at 365 cards was easy to combine. I opted not to use a stamp at LSC231 but used the cuttlebug folder "Thanks" for my message.

To make this card I used cuttlebug butterfly, swiss dots and thanks folders, corner punch, scor-pal for grid, circle punches, SU! CS, yellow dotted paper from Making memories scrapbook project pad. No ink was used in the making of this card!!!

The next card is for Day #152 at 365 Cards - Peek A Boo to You!



The challenge is to make a card that has a flap or hidden area on it. This card turned out the way I designed it in my head, but the mechanics of it didn't. The flap doesn't lift the way I thought it should but I'll just have to work those kinks out the next time I make one! LOL!
I versa marked and embossed in white Long Stem flower from SU!. All cardstock is SU and used a fiskars punch for the lace edging.
Well, that is it for today. I need to finish painting the utility room today, well, at least get part of it done. My DH keeps wanting to know if we are ever going to finish any of the projects started this summer. Well, DH, in an older home, I don't think we'll ever be finished!
Have a great day and week-end. Stay safe and Happy!

13 comments:

Phyllis said...

Wonderful card. Nice colors and great butterfly!! The Midnight Madness Design Team wants to thank you for playing in our challenge.
We will be looking for you next week too!!

Juls said...

great cards! hugs Juls

Carolyn V said...

Both cards are lovely. I love how you've embossed white over the polka dots on the flap - looks fab!

PCM said...

First, I must say, I LOVE your blog! Second - the butterfly card is wonderful. I like how you used the butterfly on the tag. And last - I LOVE the card for Day 152 - WOW - that is so pretty. TFS

Carolyn said...

Your cards are lovely. I really like how you used the cuttlebug butterfly. I love seeing how creative people can be by not using a stamped or printed image to create their cards with. Great job. Thank you so much for playing with us at the MMSC this week. Hope you will play again. You won't want to miss all the fun and exciting things coming up.

Carolyn, MMSC DT

Unknown said...

Sam both cards are beautiful. I love the Cuttlebugged butterfly in the first card (must get that lol) and the beautiful embossed image and lacy border on the second card. . .stunning!!
Hugs
Michelle

Chrissie said...

What brilliant cards. I love them both. You have chosen super colours!
Chrissie

Beth Norman said...

Great cards. I like how you used the butterfly in place of the usual flower. Great take on the sketch. If you like participating in challenges, you might be interested in my Saturday challenges. The prize is a set of nestabilities.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

I love the color combos on both your cards. Since I love butterflies, I especially love the first. Beautiful job!! Thanks for playing with the MMSC this week!

~amy~ said...

fabulous cards..love the butterflies and the colors!

Priscilla said...

What a beautiful card. Love the tuck corners on your tag..that looks great :) Thank you so much for playing the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge this week and don’t forget that August is “Refer your Friends for Freebies” Month.
Priscilla

Patti J said...

Sheer perfection!!!!!!!!!!!! (as always!)

Sue McMahon said...

Hi Sam! I love butterflies so I am drooling all over this card. We watch/raise monarch butterflies during the summer and we just released a female this morning that came out of her chrysalis! :) Great way to start a day! Thank you for playing with us and I hope to see you again in the next challenge!

Sue
MMDT Member