Saturday, July 18, 2009

My Wedding Colors are...

Yellow and White! I wanted my wedding to be very small and simple, I'm not much for 'fluff'. My to-be husband flew in from Vietnam on a 10 day leave and we were married 8 hours after he got home. That was 38 years ago this August 15th! WOW! I really didn't pick my wedding colors. My sister-in-law was my matron of honor and we went shopping for her dress. She tried on a dress with a white bodice and bright yellow skirt, she liked it so that became my wedding color. I chose daisies for the flowers (yes, I am flower child). Actually I'm horrible at making decisions so this choice just happened and that was fine for me!

I used SU Jar of Fun stamp set, SU Summer Fun ink pad (sponged for the table cloth effect). The edge is bound together with yellow brads for 365 Card, Day 137 challenge, I'm In a Bind.

This is also for Splitcoast Challenge Limited Supplies, LSC229 to use either wedding or high school colors and to use staple, clips or photo turns.

Thanks for looking, now I'm off to spend the day with my wonderful husband of 38 years painting the kitchen and bedroom. I won't remind him that today is his birthday until we're done! Have a great day!




3 comments:

Patti J said...

Wozers, didn't know you guys have been married longer than we have! We just had 36 in April! Nice story. I'd heard that years ago when Jim was helping Stan, but had forgotten it... Can't believe that we are both painting at the same time!

Tell Jim Happy Birthday! Great card - I happen to LOVE yellow!

Patti J said...

Hi ya - If you get a chance, drop me an email and tell me what StampinG is...thanks!

mamagilliam@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

I love this card with the vibrant yellow. Perfect as a summer colour.
Well done!
Hugs xx
Pat