Thursday, July 30, 2009

Silly Monkey! You Can Do It!

Day 151 at 365 Cards guest reader, Audrey, asked participants to use a certain sentiment, You Can Do It! What wonderful words of encouragement, what a hard card to compose. I have a lot of flower stamps that just didn't seem to fit the sentiment. Then I remember my little 2 cup Changito monkey and with the sublime caffeine message (meaning with a little caffeine you can do anything), I came up with this card!

This is also designed to meet today's Splitcoast Challenge, Ways to Use It, WT229, Supply Me, which translate into - Use office supplies on your card. I used the paper clip as a card stand. Not a new idea but it works for this challenge.
I was totally surprised when the computer generated sentiment printed right on the purple stripe, believe me, it wasn't planned. I used scraps on the card, added white dots, just because I thought it needed it. The CS base is SU!

3 comments:

Juls said...

his slippers are brilliant! Love this card its such fun!

Patti J said...

Hee, hee, this card just rocks! Your changito is perfect for this challenge! Had to laugh out loud when you said that you didn't try to print in the stripe. Don't you just love nice surprises???

Great job on your card, dear friend!

~amy~ said...

Okay, that's my kind of stamp...the double fister coffee drinker...LOL! FUN card!