Saturday, July 25, 2009

Bubbles Make You Giggle :)

Day #147, Scraplift Saturday, at 365 Cards, challenged us to pick one of DT's card to scraplift. I picked Vicky's Bubble Card, shown below.


When I saw it I went back to my Kindergarten teaching days and remember an art activity I did with the students. It was to put food coloring (I used red) into a bowl of water, add liquid soap and then use a straw to blow bubbles. That was the hard part for the students - to blow out - not suck it in! Anyway, then a piece of paper is put over the bubbles and pushed down until the bubbles pop. So this is what I did and I giggled the whole time! What fun! It turned into my version of Vicky's and is shown below...



The background is the 'red' bubbles that turned 'pink' on the textured white cardstock. I mounted it on a cuttlebugged swirl pink paper that didn't work on another project. I mounted both of those on black cardstock for the card base. The faces are from Close to my Heart stampset Scrapbook Kids, Faces and Hands. Punched those out with a 7/8" hole punch and mounted on black 1" hole punch. The giggle sentiment is from SU! warm words set. Hope you like it and have a great Sunday!



8 comments:

Lost in Paper said...

adorable!!! great scraplift!

Patti J said...

Awww...too much fun!!! Love this technique and your card is great! Missed you and Joan today! We had fun...

~amy~ said...

OMGoodness...how darling! I love your lift of vicky's card!

Carolyn V said...

This is great, Sam! LOL I've gotta try that bubble thing, because this background looks fabulous!

Pam said...

This is so fun and "bubbly", it made me smile :) Great job with the challenge!

Vicky said...

oh wow! how cool!!! i love that technique - i remember it from being a kid and had forgotten about it! thanks for lifting my card and for doing such a great card in return - fantastic!!

Gloria Stengel said...

This is so fun! And it was an "art project" besides! I did giggle!

Juls said...

I love the simplicity of this card! Its just brilliant and a lot of fun!