Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Ohhhhh, Edward!



In case you are not aware of the Twilight series, it is 4 novels about a vampire and the great love of his life over the last 200 hundred years. Well, I'm guessing that's his age, it's been awhile since I read the first 3 novels (I'm waiting to borrow the fourth when I get back to work) but just know he is quite old.

I made this card yesterday in between painting, laundry and cleaning. It is designed for 365 Cards Day 142 to create card based on the Twilight series, using red as the main color and lots of qlitz. I always have trouble with the layout, so surfing different challenge I found the one at Mojo Monday and it fit perfectly for what I wanted to do. The teacher who is so kindly lending me the books is totally in love with Edward. She put the quote in the first book I borrowed, "Forget the prince on the white horse, give me a vampire in a Volvo!" I knew when I saw the 365 challenge that I would have to use the sentiment on the card.

I used Glitter Card stock in red and white by Best Creations bought at a local craft store. I stamped the large flourish from SU Baroque Motifs in black on the red. The sentiment is computer generated and printed on the glittered white CS. The silver surrounding is a recycled foil from the top of a food container, mounted on black and run through the cuttlebug swiss dot folder. Finished it off with a black ribbon and red 'bling' on the bow.

Hope you have had a great day and if not, well, just take that frown and turn it upside down! OK it's late and on that note - Good Night!

4 comments:

Patti J said...

OMG Girl - this is fabulous!!! Great job, and great quote! I haven't yet read these, just hate to pay for them. Sigh...maybe a trip to the library is in order for me! Your card is wonderful - you go girl!

Carolyn V said...

Holy Schmoley, that's brilliant! The glittery paper, the foil lid into a fab silver mat, the sentiment. You hit this one clear outta the park! Awesome!

Gloria Stengel said...

Fantastic job! I also checked out your other 365 Cards for this week and think the sympathy one is so pretty and classy! I enjoyed poking around your blog!

Katie said...

Sooo cute! Love the card and the saying. Gotta love Edward!