Tuesday, July 14, 2009

A Wonderful Day for a Butterfly

I guess you could say, "I'm a day late and a dollar short!" I made this for yesterday's challenge on 365 Cards, Day 135. Didn't have any idea what I wanted to do until I started making it. At first I had the window vertical, didn't like it so I turned it sideways and from there it just 'flowed'. Wished every card worked that way. I knew I wanted to keep it simple, I feel lately like my cards are getting to 'heavy'. Really it's the truth! The card I tried to make for this last night just kept falling over! I trashed it! LOL.

The transparency covers the whole front of the card. It is light blue in color and has white dots on it.I bought this on sale "somewhere" and it is Transparency Overlays from Dena's closet. Pastel colors and would be good to use for baby or wedding cards.

The butterfly is a birthday gift from my daughter Kim and worked perfectly on this card, Thanks Kim! It is Cuttlebugs' Cut and Emboss Butterflies. It has 4 different embossing patterns on it with the die.

The rest are SU supplies. Apricot Appeal CS and ribbon, Chocolate Brown CS, and Warm Words. The pearls are generic, bought "somewhere"!

Have a Great Day and thanks for stopping by, be sure to leave a comment just to say "HI!"

3 comments:

Patti J said...

Hmmm...I should have kept reading backwards! I love this Sally - you are SO talented! What a beautiful card. Isn't it fun to have kids that feed our habits? lol!

~amy~ said...

super cute...LOVE the butterfly!

Gloria Stengel said...

This is lovely!