Thursday, July 30, 2009

Wood U Like A Sale?

I know I wood, I mean would! This really goes against my grain, I've worked for years to teach students how to use the correct word! 365 Cards, Day 150, An 'Eye' for an 'I' guest reader challenged us to use a homophone sentiment on a card. (words that sound the same, may or may not be spelled differently). I knew I wanted to use 'sail' & 'sale' interchangeably (is that a word?) and had a hard time getting straight the picture with the word. Just ask my daughter Kim, we had a few conversations about it...her advice, "Sleep on it mom." Well, this is what I came up with...

OK, that is a real gift card to Hobby Lobby that will be removed from the card...given to me by my 2 wonderful sister-in-laws. I used brown and blue for my color combo. The wood grain paper was bought on sale and the other DP and CS are from SU! The boat portion is a pocket to hold a gift card. Now I have a card ready for a birthday gift card, how great is that!

1 comment:

~amy~ said...

How fun!!!! This is such a great take on the challenge!!!