Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Vintage Flower SC236

Made this simple card for Splitcoast sketch challenge #236.


The sketch is pretty simple, just took me forever to figure out what paper/colors to use. I usually use blues and pastels, but for a change I really like the vintage look of this paper. I have purchased several mat packs and it sure simplifies matching different colors and prints. I wanted something dimensional for the center of the card so I tried my hand at making a 'grunge' layered flower. I like how it turned out and that doesn't always happen!
Want to visit another new blog? Try my daughter's new blog. She makes some awesome cards and uses some interesting techniques. She lives in Hawaii but you can find her at:

Thanks for stopping by today and as always I appreciate any comments you have.

Have a good day!

3 comments:

Patti J said...

Sally, those are some great colors! Some of my favorites. Your card is very pretty. SU has some of the prettiest papers around! Great layout, and love your flower! Call me the next time you are in the middle of a post, and I'll tell you how to 'link' things (like Kim's blog address). Take care!

Patti J said...

Sheesh - never mind the linking thing - now it's all linked up... When I first entered the blog it was just typed! How funny!!! Great job of linking too - LOL!!!

Kim Mc said...

Very cool card, Mom, and good job breaking out of the soft sky/butterfly box! ;) It'd be interesting to try the flower with scalloped circles...looks like you need some more Nesties!!!

Thanks for the link to my blog...man such pressure!! :) I think I'm going to have to hire a dog walker so I can spend more time making cards/papercrafts! Sorry Malie!

Aloha, KL