Thursday, July 23, 2009

Silent Sympathy...



Another double challenge card. The first is 365 Cards, Day 143, to make a silent sympathy card, which translate into - no sentiment on the front. I combined it with Splitcoast Sketch Challenge, SC238. The two combined so easily and that is right up my alley! It is really nice to have sympathy cards on hand because you don't always have time to make one on short notice.

The card is pretty basic. The stamp is from Gentler Times, one of the first SU sets I bought and never used in the last, oh let's guess, 4 years! The card base is a mossy green and the vanilla is embossed card stock, both bought on sale 'somewhere'. (Its' true, I can't remember if was Mike's or Hobby Lobby) The dark cappucino, (hmm, doesn't that sound delicious!) is from Sonburn bought at a small Big Lots store. Then I used generic satin ribbon and buttons to finish it off. Oh, the debossing at the top is Cuttlebug 'Just My Type' border folder.

I must say I'm enjoying participating in different challenges. I am pulling out unused stamps, embellishments, etc. and jump starting my creativity in ways to use them. Plus I am inspired by looking at everyone's creations and card making skills. Not only that, it is the best 'work avoidance' excuse I have come up with! What a joy!

Have a great day and remember, it takes less muscles (and energy) to smile than to frown.

No comments: